A stolen heart || Shifty x Cop!Reader ❤

Like most Oneshots, the reader will be ambiguous and referred to with They/Them pronouns so people of all genders can enjoy these oneshots.
The gender can be changed within the request, but will automatically have no gender if there is none requested.

Warning, this oneshot will contain the following
Guns, very light gore (blood only), and swearing.

Requested by @SkylarKeeney

||Second person POV||

The wails of an alarm echoed throughout the nearly empty neighborhood that was blanketed in a shield of darkness due to it being quite the late time, midnight, to be exact. The alarms were coming from a large building commonly known as The Jewelry Store that was built here in The Happy Tree village. What used to be filled to the brim with valuables of all kind, ranging from rubies, emeralds, and diamonds were now buried deep in a sack that was hoisted over the shoulder of an oh so familiar raccoon, one that was sleek and sly as can be. Adorned on his face was his signature large mischievous grin that stretched out to an almost maniacal look, a cackle being heard from between his pearly teeth.

The mentioned raccoon was seen bolting right out of the store with his bag and his tail trailing behind him, his hands clenching onto the neck of the sack tightly as his feet pounded against the pavement below him. His heavy breaths could just faintly be heard as he ran to go store all of his goods, getting a bit cocky with himself and thinking that there's no way that he was going to be caught this time. It was after-all the middle of the night, and most people were asleep, or at the least tired, besides of course himself.

And a certain someone that was just about to ruin his clever plans.

Shifty had jolted in place when he had suddenly heard the sound of loud sirens in the distance, making the ends of his grin twitch and for his head to quickly turn in the direction it was coming from. Not that far away, due to how fast they were going, Shifty could see a police car speeding right near his direction, making him narrow his eyes and grit his teeth together before he began running again, except this time at a faster pace. He already knew it was unlikely that he could run faster than a speeding car, especially with the heavy sack that he was carrying. And he was NOT going to drop it, not when he had gotten this far. Those pigs could fuck off and let him live his life of luxury.

Thinking quickly, and using his wits, Shifty had came up with a plan to hopefully escape the police car that was coming right this way, thinking of how they could possibly catch him if he's sneaking through fences and alleyways. With his grin growing back to its large state, he put his plan in action the moment he could hear the sirens growing closer, making a beeline towards one of the Tree Friend's house that just so happened to have a fence he could hop right over, although it felt as if the car was coming closer than he was to the fence.

And so he was right.

In no time, he heard the car stop right by the pavement just as he neared the fence, sweat dropping as he heard the sound of the car door opening. Clicking his tongue, he quickly hopped over the wooden fence, thinking he'd get away from the cop that was beginning to give chase. That was until his bag had gotten caught on the top, and he had finally heard the voice of you, who was chasing that motherfucker down.

"HALT! Drop the sack and put your hands in the air. NOW!"

You demanded, making him flinch before desperately tugging at the bag to get it off of it's position, wishing to just get the hell out of here!

"I SAID NOW, THIEF!!"

He heard you shout again just as your hand began to reach for your gun, and with luck blessing him just this once today, he had given the bag a final tug. It fell right beside his foot, making his eyes widen in surprise that using some force to get it down worked. But, he didn't waste another second, you were too close to comfort for him, and he did not want to get shot and die when he was just minutes away from successfully getting away with his heist. Lugging the bag back over his shoulder, Shifty had let out a laugh as if to mock you as he began speeding away again, making a snarl creep up onto your face.

"That bastard.." 

You muttered under your breath as you quickly ran at the fence, easily jumping right over and beginning to charge right at Shifty, who had quickened his pace upon hearing your thundering footsteps right behind him. And with this not being his first run in with you, he knew you were fast, much faster than him. With the additional weight, it didn't help his situation either, yet he was determined to escape you this time. Running as fast as his legs could take him, he saw the end of the fence approach, making him think fast and jump right over it without his bag getting caught this time, making him heave out a sigh of relief. But this wasn't the end of your chase, far from it.

Despite how fast you were, it had surprisingly taken a while to finally catch up to Shifty, perhaps due to the exhaustion that settled upon your body. Despite the daily intake of caffeine you took, it couldn't ever make your body feel well rested, which was expected. But, you still managed to be right on his tail, not daring to falter for even a second, despite the way your lungs burned. Shifty had often taken sharp turns, tried and succeeded in juking you to get you off his ass for even a second. And it made your irritation grow to the point the devil himself shook in fear of your growing rage.

It wasn't until Shifty had finally done a stupid move had you finally caught up to him, the move in question being him attempting to duck into an alleyway, thinking there would be some sort of escape route. How unlucky for Shifty, yet lucky for you. The moment you ran into the alleyway and stood at the entrance, or even exit was the moment you felt relief swell within your aching chest, perhaps even your ego being swelled when you saw the green raccoon freeze as his head turned to look up at the brick wall that was much too tall to climb on his own.

You could see him slowly turn to face you with a look that just knew he was busted, and it made a smirk grow onto your own face.

"Well well well, not so slick are you now, Mister Shifty?"

You said with a cocky tone in your face, making his expression turn into a clearly aggravated one knowing that he won't be able to go home and cover his body in the riches he had stolen just minutes before. How disappointing. Before he could even get a word out, he could see your brows furrow and your smirk turn into a deep frown, your hand reaching to the gun that was safely secured in the belt that was around your waist. You pointed it right at Shifty as you uttered a demand to him.

"Now drop the bag."

Shifty clearly hesitated to do so, narrowing his eyes at you as his grip only tightened upon the neck of the cheap sack, seeming to almost glare at you in a possessive way.

"I said NOW, Mister Shifty. Don't make me fire this fucking gun, because I'm not afraid to."

He once again hesitated on dropping the bag, simply staring at you in complete silence while clearly not obeying your command. He had even sent you a daring look as if not believing you would shoot him, and he was taken aback when he suddenly heard a gunshot that rang in his ears, and left him stunned. He could feel a burning pain right on his cheek, making his free hand shakily reach up and touch the spot before pulling his hand away to look at it, seeing a light coating of blood stain the fur upon his palm. You shot him, you had actually shot him. Yet clearly not directly at him. In fact, you seemed to intend to only graze his cheek with the bullet you fired, just as a warning that you truly weren't afraid to shoot him dead. Gritting his teeth, he knew now that he was forced to submit, marking his defeat once again.

"Alright alright, I'm droppin it, I'm droppin it!"

He quickly shouted, and obeying his word, he had dropped the bag of jewels on the ground as he raised his hands above his head, the clatter of the combined luscious jewels being heard as it hit the ground. It was a good thing it wasn't that far or else some of it could have broken. You have to be careful with such expensive things. You definitely seemed satisfied that he actually listened for once as you put your gun back in your holster, slowly beginning to approach the thief and his bag of stolen goods.

"I really don't know why you keep thinking you can get away from me, Mister Shifty."

You muttered out as you stood right in front of him looking down at the man that was just a few mere inches shorter than your towering, intimidating form. You cocked a brow as he looked back up at you, seeming to almost be pouting. Sighing and shaking your head, you began to bend down to pick up the bag, saying as you opened it up and put your focus on making sure none of it was harmed,

"As sneaky as you are, you ain't escapin me this time."

You say, shuffling through the bag and finding that all of it was still intact. Good. You set the bag back down near your own leg so he wouldn't try anything, and instead reached to your belt again, but not for your gun. You instead reached for your pair of handcuffs, and as you looked at Shifty, you could see him roll his eyes and stick his arms out, just waiting to get arrested. Good, he was finally co-operating. Just what you needed tonight.

Staring the raccoon in the eyes as you began to secure the handcuffs around his wrists, you began to speak again, seeming to almost be teasing the thief as you said,

"You ain't stealin' another pretty little trinket now that I've caught you, Mister Shifty. You won't be seein' another one for a loooong time."

You had let out a little laugh as you closed your eyes, though you had gotten confused and paused when you suddenly heard his cackles accompanying your laughs.

"Are you sure about that, Chief?"

..That sounded oddly suspicious.

As you opened your eyes again, you gave him a puzzled, and an almost weary look as your eyes were greeted by him having that same wide grin on his face. You didn't know why until he had raised his hands, that were clearly not in handcuffs, even though you could have sworn you just cuffed them. With his not handcuffed hands, he easily snuck around you and grabbed the back of jewelry as you stood there shocked, though soon snapped out of your daze as you processed that he was getting away.

"HEY!!! You get back here this instant!!"

You barked out to him as you turned your body to watch as he began walking out of the alleyway, you beginning to run after him only to trip over your own feet and land harshly on the ground. He had laughed at your laying form as he closed his eyes and stuck his tongue out at you, saying as he easily stuck it back in,

"Not a chance, Chief. Looks like I am getting away from you this time. Hehe, who woulda thought?"

He said it in a clearly mocking fashion that made you growl under your breath, your sounds of anger only becoming louder as he sent you a teasing little wink, laughing once more before he finally exited the alleyway, the jingles of the jewelry in his sack being heard fading off in the distance as well as his continued triumphant laughter. It had only grown louder as he heard you continuing to bark for him to come right on back, which he of course, didn't listen. He was going right on home to stash away all of this luxury, and keep it allllll to himself~.

That sly bastard.

A/N: I apologize if there are any mistakes, it's a bit late and I did not proofread this. I hope you all enjoy this anyways, and make sure to leave a request if you'd like a chapter/chapters written for you.
Thank you all for reading, and I'll see you in the next one. Have a good day.

Word count: 2121 words {Not counting this, and the A/N}.