Part 8

By Ebony (Bella gave up)

Fred: Didn't you drop kick him out the door

Bella: Oh yeahhh

Ebony: Give us a second

George: What will yo-

Bella POV

It was our 5th birthday. Ebony and I sat in our room the entire time, too scared to leave in case Lucius was outside. Ally and Cissy came in to tell us a happy birthday and give us a slice of cake each. Cissy asked if we were going to come out but Ebony lied for the two of us and said we were feeling sick. 

Neither Draco nor Lucius came into the room. Lucius had taken Draco out to Diagon Alley to have a look at some of the things he was going to use when he went to Hogwarts. Cissy had talked to Lucius and he had agreed that if we were good that we could move rooms. Cissy had promised that when we moved she would take us shopping for whatever furniture we wanted. We looked into the other empty rooms and both decided that we wanted to move into the one at the end of the hallway. Ally's room was right beside it and it had a small bathroom attached. It had dark red curtains and wallpaper. Cissy said we should change it but Ebony and I loved it. 

-- THE NEXT DAY --

Ebony POV

We went shopping and brought 2 four-poster beds with red curtains (that matched the wallpaper in our new room), 2 large dark-wood desks, a couch and table for the corner and brown paint. Cissy was more than happy to buy it all for us and when we got home Bella and I painted our parent's chest of drawers and put it in the middle of our two beds. We moved into the room quickly and then Lucius came to inspect it. We loved the dark colours and the layout, but Lucius didn't. 

"How much money did you spend on this?" he asked Cissy,

"It wasn't much, Lucius, it was a lot cheaper than Draco's room," Cissy explained. 

"It is very dark in here don't you think?" Lucius questioned us,

"No," said Bella, who was sitting on her bed,

"We quite like it," I nodded. Lucius sneered and I saw him clutch his wand. I glanced at Bella who had gone stiff. He wouldn't do anything in front of Cissy! Would he? They both left quickly and Bella and I let out a synchronised sigh. We loved our room but we especially loved it because the door had a lock. We could lock Lucius out, and if he got in somehow, the bathroom also had a lock. Lucius didn't bother us unless we did something wrong. Cissy or Draco or Ally would nearly always be home but when they weren't we took extra care not to bump into Lucius. 

We had found secret tunnels that went through a picture on the wall. It went to Draco and Ally's rooms, the kitchen, Cissy and Lucius's room, the basement and a room that was always locked. When we were home alone with Lucius we would crawl into the room that was always locked and would sit on the four-poster bed until Cissy would come home. We didn't know what the room was but we liked it. It had black wallpaper and green curtains. The blankets on the bed were white and green there was a mint green couch and a black table opposite the bed and the table in the corner had a mirror above it that was painted silver. We hid food around the room to satisfy our hunger in the long periods when we hid from Lucius.

We asked Cissy one day what the room was but she just broke down into sobs before sternly telling us to go to our room. We had been going outside a lot and we talked and rode the horses in the forest nearby. They were black and looked like skeletons with wings. We looked in the library for what they were and it turned out they were called Thestrals. We loved them and we fed them our leftover meat from the grand feasts that we had for dinner every night. Dinner was always awkward. Ebony and I would sit on one side of the table, picking at our food while Cissy, Draco and Ally would sit on the other side talking and laughing with Lucius who sat at the head of the long table.