1.

"So have you sorted all the documents out yet? We need all the files in order for tonight's meeting. Criminals can't catch themselves." My coworker, Han said as he passed by my desk.
"Yeah, I know. It's already done. I left it on Detective Chan's desk." I said, taking a drink from my coffee as I looked up.

"Alright then.. how about we go out for lunch? It's just about break time." Han smiled.
"Ah, sure thing, Detective Han." I said, standing up with a smile.

"We do this everyday, and yet you're still formal." Han sighed, smiling as he led me out of the detectives office, and towards the small cafe around the corner from our work.

"You're a higher rank than me, so of course I have to be formal. Work policy." I said as I took a seat in the small cafe.
"Well we're not in the office anymore." Han said, ordering our meals as a waiter came around.

"That's true. So, Detecti- Han, how are you? We haven't been meeting up as much this week." I started.

"Well, this criminals got us on our toes. It's death after death, and we have no leads. Except, that whoever it is has connections. Most of the people they've killed have done something bad. Doesn't mean they deserve to be murdered, but still. It's an odd coincidence." Han went on.

"That's true. All the files of the deceased are all really the same. Psychos, all of them. A few people were just merely normal people, however. The pattern is odd. The murders are all the same, though. The victims are always traumatised, identifying the bodies are difficult. The culprit smashes in their jaw, places a bullet through their skull, and dismembers their limbs from the body. It's disturbing, really." I explained.

"All without a trace.." Han whispered.
"It's odd, isn't it? Sometimes letters were left behind, but it's always to tease us. They don't mean anything." I said with a sigh.

"They've got us working overtime." Han said sadly.
"I need to get home to my family at some point. I haven't seen my parents in weeks." I said.
"We all do. Chan's got us on leash and collar, stuck at the office. All nine of us that are working on the case, anyway." Han sighed.
"Oh- Y/N, Han? I didn't expect to see you two here! Usually you two are around the office the whole day I swear!" A voice called out.

I turned, sending a smile the mans way.
"Oh, Hyunjin! Do you wanna join us? We were just having lunch, and discussing the case." I said, ushering him over.
Hyunjin pulled a chair to the table, sitting down.

"Are you sure you should talk about it in public though? What if someone overhears?" Hyunjin said.
"Barely anyone comes here, so that's not a worry." Han said.

Hyunjin glanced from me to Han.
"So are you two, like, a couple? Sorry if that's rude to ask but I'm just curious.." He asked suddenly.

I hid my face in embarrassment. "Hyunjin! We're friends, okay? Relationships can be trouble when you're a detective. That's what Detective Chan told us." I said, not making eye contact.

"Well, you two would totally be cute together." Hyunjin shrugged.
"Yeah, we might be. Two hot people- wow we'd be a power couple." Han joked.

"You're not wrong, both of you are quite good-looking. But I'm the best." Hyunjin smirked.

"Yeah yeah." I rolled my eyes. "We should head back. There's still some files we need to get in order for the meeting. I think some of the other members of the team may have found a suspect." I said, checking the time and standing up.

"Ah true. Alright, let's go." Han said, wrapping an arm around me.
Hyunjin stood up silently. "I'll see you guys back there in a bit, I'm starving." He said, turning and walking to the counter.
"He'll follow. Let's go." Han said, leading me out of the cafe.

Hyunjin glanced at us as we left, before turning back, buying himself a muffin.
The next few hours passed, and then it was evening.
The meeting proceeded as usual.
"Since we have no new leads.. we'll leave it here. The next morning is tomorrow at 6am sharp. Don't be late." Detective Chan said, before leaving.

"That was uneventful." I said as I walked with Han to my car.
"They always are. Stay safe Y/N." Han said through my window.
"Yeah of course." I smiled. "You too. No getting hurt."

I gave him a hug through the window, before driving off through the night.
The next morning I arrived at the office early, so I checked through the new files on my desktop.
"New victim identified"
"Huh?" I said to myself, clicking on the file.
I fell out of my chair as I saw the photo, the name.

"Y/N? You alright?" Felix asked, walking over and helping me up.

"The- the victim-" I stuttered, pointing to my laptop.
Felix turned his head, before hugging me.
"How did we let him die.. I'm so sorry Y/N."
I couldn't say anything, but sob in his arms, as I looked to the computer, the face of a ghost looking back at me.
Victim 15 - Han Jisung