16

It was late at night. I was about to head to sleep after a long day of training in the woods. My eyes got heavy and I was about to fall asleep, but I was soon woken up by the phone ringing. I picked it up without checking the caller.
"Hello?" My raspy voice asked.
"Hello honey, I'm Eli's or Hawks mom. He had a nightmare. He gets them often. I tried to comfort him but he won't stop crying. I wanted to call one of his friends, but I didn't know who, so I picked the last person he texted. Do you think you can come over?" His mom asked from his phone.
I rubbed my eyes. I slowly sat up, keeping the phone to my ear. "Of course, Mrs. Moskowitz. I just need your address."
I slid my shoes on and started to head out the door, grabbing my skateboard while I talked to hawks mother.
"7 Sidney Lane." She told me. I said my goodbyes and jumped on my skateboard, going over to 7 Sidney Lane.
-
I walked up to the front porch of the cozy house. I knocked softly. A pretty woman answered the door, inviting me in.
"He is in his room. 2nd door to the left dear." She smiled. I nodded, sending her an awkward smile before heading the the room. I heard sniffles and low sobs as I knocked in the wood door.
"Go away Mom." His voice broke. I sighed and slowly opened the door.
His hair wasn't in a Mohawk, it was down and fluffy.
He quickly wiped his tears when he saw me in the doorway. I closed the door quietly, walking over to him. I sat on his bed, right next to him. I took my hand and delicately placed it under his chin, making him look at me. His eyes were bloodshot and his cheeks were pink. He let out small sniffles here and there. I gently pulled him into a tight hug, which he gladly took. I could tell he needed one.
He pulled away first.
"You shouldn't see me cryi-"
"Just shut up. It's normal to cry." I muttered as I pulled him into another hug. He took my words and sobbed into my chest, making my heart melt. I hated seeing him like this, I could tell we are similar. I used to have these nightmares too. They stopped when I moved out here with my grandpa.
"You want to talk about it?" I asked gently. I pulled out of the hug, and rested my hand on his red cheek. I ran my thumb against his skin, sending a small, warm grin his way. He practically melted in my hand. I moved my hand and traced his scar with my thumb. He flinched a bit, but soon relaxed.
"No." He replied shyly.
There was a moment of silence.
"You know, that scar is badass." I chuckled at myself. "It makes you unique. And hot." I muttered the last two words to myself, praying he didn't hear.
His frown that was placed on his lips, soon turned into a cheeky grin. A bright one. That made me smile warmly too. My heart thumped in my chest, he had such a cute smile.
"You need sleep pretty boy." I let out an airy chuckle.
I was about to tell him to go rest, but I felt a pair of lips on mine. Butterflies flew through my stomach. I never felt like this with Robby, or the other guys I had slept with.
Our lips moved in sync, like puzzle pieces morphing into one. We let each others lips depart, staring into each others eyes. His dark blue and grey eyes, examining my brown and green ones.
I reached back, shutting off the lamp and getting under the covers. I pulled the covers off, telling him to lay with me. He did, placing his arm around my waist and his head in the crook of my neck. I played with his hair, massaging his scalp. His breathing was still a bit heavy.
from the tears. I could tell he was falling asleep when his breathing slowed, and his grip on my waist became looser. I decided I would fall asleep for an hour at least, before leaving. I felt my eyelids get heavy for the second time that night, before drifting off to sleep.