12

"I'm going to ask again! Who trashed Miyagi Do?" Johnny yelled as he watched us all do repeated burpees. I wasn't struggling, but I was exhausted.
Kreese watched us intently, mostly looking at me and Hawk. I scowled myself for going along with the decision my grandpa made.
"We all know I'm not a fan of LaRusso's, but that we don't tolerate in this dojo." Johnny stated firmly. "At least not anymore." Johnny looked over at my grandpa.
"I-it was not me sir! I would never disrespect another mans dojo." Chubbs, or that middle aged guy said.
I snickered a little, making Johnny glare at me. I narrowed my eyes at him.
"Shut you cakewhole chubbs!" Johnny stated, not breaking eye contact with me.
I scowled at him, before going back to my burpees.
"I'm not looking for excuses! I'm looking for answers!"
"Sensei! We really don't know who did it!" Miguel panted. I snickered again. It's obvious. Hawk has had a guilty expression on his face the whole class.
"Is something funny Ms. Kreese?" Sensei Johnny asked, ignoring Miguel.
"No sensei." I had a sly grin plastered on my face.
He narrowed his eyes at me, but I continued my burpees.
"Somebody knows something! The question is, who is going to break?" Kreese stated.
Sensei Johnny got a call, he left Kreese in charge.
He called a two minute break. Hawk walked up to Sensei.
"I think I should tell Sensei Lawrence that I did it." I heard Hawk say.
"Say nothing. Me and Amelia will handle it."
Hawk looked back at me, but I was already staring with a confused expression.
This gave me time to fully look at him.
Ok ok, he's fucking gorgeous. Blue eyes, the red hair. Ok now I have my answer to the question I have had since I moved here.
Q: Do you like Hawk?
A: yes I fucking do.
I caught Myself staring so I turned quickly.
He walked up to me.
"Hey." He replied with a bit of a flirty tone.
"Hey." I gave him the same energy.
"I saw you staring."
"I was staring at my grandpa." I lied.
"Okay sureee." Hawk sounded unconvinced.
He whispered in my ear:
"I think you have a little crush on me."
My face got hot. I was blushing. I couldn't believe it, me, being this badass is blushing.
"N-no I don't."
"But you do."
"No I don't."
"It's ok. I might feel the same way about you."
I was about to say something but Sensei Kreese interrupted.
"In the back room! Now!"
We all put down our waters and scurried to the back room.
Sensei had ropes and weights set up. Oh shit.
I was assigned to a rope. I had to lift up the heavy rope and then set it back down.
"Is it ok if I puke in here?" Chubbs asked.
"No!" Tory and Aisha yelled.
"Navy seals puke all of the time!" Chubbs reasoned.
I ignored all of them and started speaking. "I bet it was assface."
It was me and Hawk, but to make it believable, you blame it on others, that's my method.
"Hey screw you!"
"What was that assface?"
We were inching closer. We stopped a couple of inches apart.
"Enough!" Kreese called from behind us. "You want to know who did it?"
"It was Hawk and Amelia." Kreese added.
Hawk looked down but I kept my head up. Everyone looked at us in disbelief.
"And it was Nichols, Robinson, Chubbs, Big red." Kreese continued to speak. "If one makes a move you all make a move. Now in the front... your about to start your real training." Kreese smirked. We all ran to the front.
He made Tory and Mitch spar.
Tory won but she didn't finish him.
Mitch was laying on the mat.
"Finish him." Kreese demanded.
Tory gave him a confused glance.
"You got a problem with that?"
Then, Tory punched him in the face, finishing him off.
-
My corner is where I sat. My corner, waiting for my grandpa to finish whatever he was doing in his office
"Hey." Someone said.
I looked up to see Hawk. He had a genuine smile on his face, as he looked down at me.
"Hi.." my voice came out as a whisper, as I moved over. "D-do you want to sit with me?"
He laughed, "how could I say no to that cute face?"
Blood rushed to my cheeks, as I looked at my lap.
He took a seat next to me in the tile of the floor, waiting for his mom to pick him up.
"Why aren't you heading home?" I asked after a short period of silence.
"My motorcycle is at the shop, and my car is broken." He said. I nodded.
"Why did you want to sit here with me? I'm mean.. assface is right over there." I gestured towards Mitch, who was still packing up.
"I'm mad at him right now. He tried to hit my new best friend." He put his arm around me.
The smell of cologne and mint took over my senses, which caused me to melt in his arm. "You know we don't talk often."
I looked up at him. "Your right, we don't talk often."
I subconsciously scooted closer to Hawk, not even realizing it. He smirked to himself, seeing me scoot closer, but I didn't catch the smirk. I was too busy staring at my socks. My socks that had panda bears and unicorns all over it. This makes me look like a baby. I can't be intimidating with these socks on. I didn't even notice I had picked these socks until now.
"Start a conversation." I say quietly, feeling nervous in his presence all of a sudden.
"What do you want to talk about?"
"I don't know. Say something."
"You know, we're basically having a conversation right now."

Pause.

"Yeah this is like a conversation." I smiled.
"Well then let's continue the conversation." He suggested.
"Well how do I continue it?"
"Talk about something you like."
He placed a hand on my head and let me rest it on my shoulder.
"I like Ham sandwiches." I said.
"I love ham sandwiches Amelia. It's the best cold cut ever."
I laughed, and nuzzled my head into his shoulder. "I like salami and ham sandwiches too."
"Salami? It's too salty."
"But it gives the sandwich flavor Hawk."
"It's like anchovies! It's gross."
"Salami isn't gross!"
"Whatever you say Amelia." He said sarcastically.

A car honk.

"That's my mom. I liked this conversation Amelia." He said before running out.