𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒍

"Marlene Mckinnon, Andromeda Tonks and my personal favourite, Elio Pearlman '' Sirius spoke, dropping down the list of names on the table, before glaring over to Ariyah at the last name.

"They are the only survivors?" She asked, ignoring his glare before placing her hand against her chin to think.

"The only ones who have not willingly followed Tom, yes" He responded, shifting his gaze towards James who adjusted his glasses awkwardly, knowing soon he would have to leave to face Tom Riddle. "Lily always insisted I wore this stupid things, and all I did was protest" He laughed to himself, pushing them further up his face as he sighed.

"And now I can't bear taking them off"

Ariyah looked to Sirius who held a sympathetic smile, standing to his feet before placing his hand against the boy's shoulder. "She would want you to do this James, if not, we don't have long until Tom will figure out your whereabouts, and then we are all dead" He spoke softly, kneeling down to get a proper look of his best friend's face.

"Do you not realise how much easier this is for you, you have your brother, you have Elora, you have the person that you love" James cried out, pulling off his glasses to hide his face against his sleeve.

"I lost them too, we all did, i'm not saying you don't have a reason to mourn, I know you do, I don't know what I would've done if I had lost you, and I can't even begin to imagine how much pain you feel James, honestly, but this needs to be done, and the quicker you do it, the more time you have to spend distracting yourself."

"What if I don't want to distract myself, Black?" James withered, locking his eyes on the boys as he eyes descended in Ariyah's direction. "Distraction is the only way we are going to survive." Sirius whispered, falling back onto the floor with James' sudden stance.

"You don't get it, neither of you do." He began, changing his eye-line in the direction of them both.

"I don't want to survive" He whispered, picking up his glasses and heading for the front door.

"Well what do we have here, is it really James Potter?" Tom asked at the end of the table, silencing the rest of the death eaters simply with the raise of his wand. "I ran from Bellatrix, I used the obliviate spell to assure she wouldn't remember taking me, I was scared, but I'm not scared anymore" James clearly, taking an empty seat at the table without even being instructed to.

"I see, and you want to join me?" Tom questioned, a smile cursing his lips the moment James nodded his head. "Well then you must abide by everything I ask, which you are aware of, yes?" He asked once more, his smile widening with the nod of James' quivering head.

"And where have you been, Potter? Three weeks have passed since the battle, haven't you wondered where your friends are?"

James gulped, forcing himself not to gaze around the room for the two, he knew better than that by now. "Of course I have wondered, but I knew they would be safe, together"

"Well that is so shameful to hear, i'm afraid to tell you that your friends are dead"

James began to sweat,

His throat a dulling haze,

With an ache of his skin,

And a shred of a tear,

He felt he couldn't go on anymore.

"Dead" He whispered, looking up from the ground, straight to Tom's eyes.

"Dead" Tom repeated, placing his hands together to form a tight fist.

"What a pity" James spoke, the words slithering out like poison on his trembling tongue. What had he become, but mostly, why did he like it.