𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒖𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒐𝒄𝒊𝒆𝒕𝒚

↳ ੈ1991the new revolution ͙✧˖*°࿐

1991
the new revolution ͙˖*°

˖* STARS FILLED THE SKY
like pale corn into freshly turned ground. The stars were a gift that only came once a full moon. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold. The ora always felt cold, the sun never rose, even in the spring. Tom's dimmed grasp had taken over the wizarding world, no flowers bloomed, no birds sang. So the stars were a vastness to bring humbleness and an eternal space to bring gratitude for the cosiness of home. No matter the years that passed, Juliet saw each night sky as a fresh gift given anew.

Life had been cruel to them, Elora would say, kissing each of her children twice on the head. Convincing herself her motherly mark would keep them safe. But this world was all they ever knew. Sometimes Juliet and Atlas would listen to their fathers stories. Regulus would retell these vast moments with a saddened smile tracing his colourless lips. The stories of his brother, Sirius Black. Of his bestfriends, the marauders. Whilst Elora would listen silently, a shift in her posture and a fall of her head.

The children's parents never told the horrors of how this world came to be, of how they lost their friends and sold their souls to the devil. Juliet tried to understand why Tom would visit so often, trialing his hand along her mother's jaw, sending her father into a fit of anger and rage.

He hid it well, the bleeding urge to say something, anything. But he knew better, his time away had taught him that. Atlas was a splitting image of his father, he held his anger, his strive to be something. But he also found himself much like his mother, he shared Elora's indecisive ways, her eyes, her ability to love everyone with her full capacity.

However Juliet struggled to see herself in either one of her parents. She had her mother's features, her brightened smile and full lips. But she often felt stuck between voids. As though part of her never fully belonged anywhere, but that soon changed, the moment she was admitted to Hogwarts.

"You need to understand Lee, that Hogwarts isn't as I told it once to be" Regulus sighed, sipping at his tea and locking eyes with his wife who remained silent, as she always did. "Tom has made that very clear, father" Atlas spoke up from the bottom of the stairs, his trunk ready in his hand for his third year back.

"I need you both to remember that your generation, it isn't like mine and your mothers was, things have changed and I don't want my influence to inflict on that" He added, setting down his mug and pushing himself to his feet.

The children's mother sat in the same seat, with the same book and pen, scrawling away until her hand ached beyond content, which she would then place down and stare out into the abis.