(32)

chan blinked the drowsiness away furiously as he tried to drive, the few all nighters he'd pulled in the past week not being of much help currently. minho sat next to him and he kept his eyes on the gravel road, taking sips of his coffee.

changbin and hyunjin had fell asleep in the backseat, changbin's head resting on the younger male's lap and breathing out softly.

"hey minho?"

minho turned to look at chan. "yeah hyung? do you need anything?"

"could you drive for a bit? my eyesight's going blurry."

the usual expression of indifference was no where to be found on minho's face and he nodded worriedly. "pull over to the side then."

as chan did so, hyunjin woke up abruptly from a nightmare. tears flowed down his cheeks silently, not even noticeable until minho looked in the rear view mirror after switching seats.

"hey, it'll be all right jinnie~" he cooed, starting to drive again since they had no time to waste. "jeongin will be fine."

hyunjin simply nodded, his tears never stopping. they fell onto changbin's face and hyunjin tried to gently wipe them off, causing changbin to shift in his sleep.

minho continued to drive, following the gps while the road became even narrower and more worn out until it could barely even be considered one.

"your destination will be in your left in 2 miles."

minho frowned since he just made a right turn and there was nothing but fields of grass surrounding them.

"hyung," he said to chan who was staring out the window, lost in his thoughts. it took a nudge of his shoulder from minho for him to snap out of the daze he was in and pay attention to his surroundings.

"what's up?

"i don't think we're in the right place... there's absolutely nothing here."

the sound of hyunjin's ringtone filled the car but stopped soon as he picked up the call from his boyfriend.

"seungie?"

"where are you guys? we're by the weird-looking house but we had to drive past it a bit since the creepy men in black suits are outside it."

minho spoke from the front seat, asking if it was just supposed to be a barren area before it to which seungmin replied yes.

nodding, he continued to drive, the top of a old house starting to become slightly visible. they passed by it, noticing the men who sat in the front porch, laughing together as they were surrounding a small circular table. anyone simply passing by would have thought nothing of them but hyunjin and chan's eyes zeroed in on the poorly concealed guns strapped to their thighs.

a shudder ran through the eldest as minho passed by, trying to find felix's car.

it took another two miles but they were parked in the driveway of what was a seemingly abandoned barn. jisung waved at them frantically while minho pulled in, and immediately jumped to hug him when they got down.

"i'm scared hyung," he whispered into the crook of minho's neck, eyes shining bright with unshed tears. minho tried his best to calm him down as changbin and hyunjin went to their boyfriends, leaving chan to awkwardly stand at the side wishing that his was there too. but he wasn't and chan was sick of constantly being rational. he wanted jeongin.

"can you all stop focusing on yourselves for a minute so we can figure out what happened to jeongin and get him out without possibly dying?" he burst out, causing pain to flash across felix's eyes before it hardened into anger.

"who said we're focusing on ourselves chris? you're not the only one scared and you're not the only one who wants to make sure that he's back safe and sound."

chan flinched slightly, mumbling a quick sorry as the tears he tried to hold in started to stream out. he was engulfed in a hug from the blonde boy who whispered an apology back to him and the rest of them surrounded chan in a huge hug, staying there until he stopped sniffling.

slowly, they regained their senses, coming up with a rough plan to save jeongin. this consisted of chan, changbin, and minho taking down the two men and going inside with the rest of them without severely hurting anyone. then they'd go to the basement (because according to half of them, it was the most obvious place to keep a hostage), get innie, and then scram.

and after they came up with all of this seungmin realized something.

"why aren't we just calling the police?"

silence surrounded the seven men who just stared at each other in shock, realizing that they really were a lot more stupid than they thought.

"the nearest police station is like an hour away. if we call them, we have to wait for them and there is no way that i'll let jeongin be there any longer. we'll be fine by ourselves," minho said after a while, earning nods (especially from chan).

"ok, let's get going then."

they turned around and began to walk quickly. 

only to be stopped by the sight of guns pointed at them.

a figure walked out from behind two men, a menacing grin on his face. he chuckled slowly as he stared at the seven shocked men.

"you never learn do you? get them."

-

pretty shitty chapter but hey :/

this bs will probably go on for one or two more chapters and then the book will end soon <3