Chapter 7

"Hey Jiang Cheng. Do you know a girl named Wen Qing at your uni?" Wei Wuxian asks while facetiming with his brother one day.

    "Do you expect me to know every girl on campus?" Jiang Cheng replies, scowling into the camera.

    "No, I'm just asking about this one particular girl." Wei Wuxian rolls his eyes.

    "I do, actually. Why? Don't tell me you're telling me to set you up."

    "Of course not," Wei Wuxian scoffs. "I was gonna ask what you think of her."

    "She's nice." Jiang Cheng's voice is calm. "A bit of a tsundere, really. Most of the time, it seems like she doesn't like it when someone talks to her."    Wei Wuxian snickers.

    "It seems like she's your kind of person then."

    "What is that supposed to mean?!" Jiang Cheng glares daggers at him and Wei Wuxian only smirks even more.

    "I'm just saying your personalities are alike and you might get along with her because of that."

    "Oh you shut up! What abou Lan Wangji, huh? You're basically opposites  yet you can't stop mooning over him!"

    "I like him because he's different," Wei Wuxian protests, heat going up his face/

    "Yeah well, maybe I like people who are different from me too! You know nothing about my type of woman..or man!  Besides, why are you trying to set me up when you know MianMian is talking to Wen Qing?"

    "I'm not setting you two up on a date." Wei Wuxian rolls his eyes. "I'm encouraging you to make some friends in college. You've been sticking to me and Huaisang all through elementary and high school. I can't help but worry how you'd fare in college. Also MianMian and Wen Qing aren't officially dating. Not that I know of at least."

    "My roommate is nice enough," Jiang Cheng says defensively. "And I have made new friends. I don't always have to tell you about them."

    "Yeah yeah."

    "I have to get back to doing my homework now. Make sure you call A-jie! You promised you'd call back and you haven't in a long time."

    "I'll call her right after this. Bye now."

Wei Wuxian hangs up and then video calls his sister. She picks up almost immediately, beaming at him with a radiant smile.

    "A-Xian! You're finally calling. How are you?"

    "Yanli, I'm doing good. How about you? I really miss you!"

    "I miss you too, XianXian!"

"Has...Jin Zixuan been treating you well?"

"He has. He really has! We..we have plans to buy a house together in the future...or we'll rent an apartment first."

"What! So quick!" Wei Wuxian exclaims. His sister had only just graduated college this summer. She had a job but still lived with her parents until she made enough to afford her own place to live.

"Well yes...maybe it's too quick but...this is what I want."

"Are...Aunt Yu and Uncle Jiang okay with it?"

"They do not mind. They know Jin Zixuan will make a good husband someday."

"Yanli," Wei Wuxian sighs. "Isn't it too soon to think about that? I didn't realize people planned so far ahead for their future." Yanli lets out a gentle laugh.