Chapter 4

"So, about that call..." Nick started.

"Yea?" Clay questioned.

"Our buddy from the police station, Karl, informed me that the government has placed a new order. Clay they're hunting down hunters, assassins, vigilantes, everyone. They're going to start soon. It's some sort of new group, the Elite Force, is what they call it." Nick explained, Clay visibly tensed, he thought about their family, they're assasins but they're licensed so it didnt make sense.

"But we're licensed, we shouldnt be worried about that. Sure hunters and vigilantes want us dead but we're legally allowed to work." Clay said, he raised an eyebrow while thinking, him and Tommy had to go through horrendous tests to get the license.

"That's the thing, they want all licensed assassins to turn in their merits and walk away from it, they dont want anything but the Elite Force." Nick said, Clay was distrout and very worried, Tommy's whole life, ever sense he was little, was surrounded by his work. He didnt go to school till George won custody over him, and that wasnt easy, they had to do a lot of work to get that.

"When are they announcing this to the public?" Clay asked, "I'm not sure, itll probably be broadcasted everywhere though." Nick said, "but for right now we shouldnt worry until its official, so we'll do missions normally until it happens." He continued, he placed a comforting hand on Clay's shoulder.

"Yea, you're right." Clay sighed, he didnt want to take that part of Tommy's life away, yes he wishes Tommy didnt do this stuff but he did understand why Tommy does it so he wouldnt go against it.

"Here let's clean up dinner. Then you and George can hang out before he has to leave." Nick stated as he started to pick up bowls and silverware.

Clay laughed and joined his friend in cleaning off the table.

---

George woke up to his alarm clock, 5:30 AM. He groaned and sat up, wiping his tired eyes and turned off the alarm, very annoyed.

He didnt have to get up as early as he did yesterday, but he still hated getting up.

He climbed out of bed and tried not to wake Clay up as best as he could, Clay didnt have school today so he wanted to make sure he got to sleep in.

Luckily Clay's a heavy sleeper, George grabbed some clothes and a towel to take a shower. After his usual morning shower he brushed his teeth and combed his hair, it was now 6:00.

George was on time for once.

He walked down the hall as quietly as he could so he didnt wake the sleeping family.

Nick was trying to sleep in for work tonight and Tommy needed as much rest as he could get before his next mission, or school.

"Morning Tom." George said walking into the dining room. "Wait, Tom?" George asked doing a double take.

Tommy was sitting on the couch watching cartoons.

"Good morning Goggy." Tommy said sleepily, George rose an eyebrow to the tired voice.

"How much did you sleep last night?" George asked sitting on the arm of the coach beside Tommy.

"Couldnt sleep much, I had a headache, so now I'm watching spongebob." Tommy answered gesturing his hand towards the tv.

"You never watch tv though." George said speaking his thoughts.

"Yea I know, it's just for distraction." Tommy said, George finally knew what this was about now.

Tommy had a bad dream, he'll pry later when he comes back home.

"I get it, I wont pry right now, but we're gonna talk about it later." George said getting off the coach and walking to the kitchen.

"Want some food?" George asked, and Tommy nodded joining him in the kitchen.

---

A few hours later, at 9:00, Nick woke up. He was upset because he wanted to sleep in more but he'll make sure to take a nap later.

He walked through the living room and dining room to get to the kitchen, he made some toast with butter.

He was gonna go to the coach to watch some tv, that was until heard something coming from one of the rooms.

He walked to the beginning of the hallway to see Tommy standing at the entrance of his door, he must have heard it too, he still has his reading glasses on.

"Was that Clay?" Nick asked, Tommy only shrugged his shoulders, "stay here I'll check it out." Nick said walking back there.

"I'm a trained assassin, I think I can handle myself." Tommy said walking beside Nick.

Nick scoffed, "Whatever dude." He responded.

Then another noise came from the room, Tommy and Nick looked at each other, then preceded forward.

Nick knocked on the door and the rumbling seemed to stop, then the door opened.

"Sorry did I wake you guys?" Clay asked, he was still in his pajamas and his hair was all distraught.

"No, we've been awake, are you ok man?" Nick asked, Tommy peeked inside the room, it was a mess.

"Yep I'm all good." Clay said flashing a smile.

"What did you loose?" Tommy asked.

"I lost my wallet. I cant find it anywhere, I got a call from the station that they needed some help with a case, but I can't go unless I find my fucking wallet." Clay said going back into his room and scanning over the mess.

"Here I'll help." Nick said going into the room.

"Thanks." Clay said, they began to look again but it whent twice as fast.

An hour later Tommy came back to check on them, "found it yet?" Tommy asked looking in the room.

"No havent had any luck, I wonder if I left it somewhere?" Clay wondered and retraced his steps in his mind.

"You know if you left it somewhere people would find out that you're Dream, right?" Tommy said, Clay's face went pale, if they were found out they're normal life would be over.

Most assassins are older, they kept their identities a secret in fear people would hunt them down and kill them. If Clay and Tommy were found out, they'd have millions of people hunting them down.

"Shit." Clay responded and started looking more frantically.

"Well, it's a good thing you just left it in your car." Tommy said pulling the wallet out and displaying it for them to see.

"Son of a bitch, how long have you had it!" Clay said grabbing his wallet from Tommy and inspecting it.

"Since Nick started helping you look." Tommy said smiling smugly.

Nick looked annoyed and amused at the same time while Clay was just annoyed.

"Dude you suck." Clay said.

Tommy giggled, "I'll help clean up." Tommy said as he started picking up stray clothes and trash that littered the bedroom floor.

"Um yea you will." Nick said joining Tommy in cleaning.

-------

Word count: 1152