chapter seven

Chapter Seven: Hogwarts

~ Home by Catie Turner ~
____________________________________

~Hunter's POV~

The train ride to Hogwarts proved to be quite enjoyable. After reading for a bit, I began to talk to Fred and George when a voice rang out from the train's corridor.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" Said an elderly lady with a kind smile on her face.

The array of sweets baffled me because I had never seen snacks like these before. Fred could tell that I had no clue what anything was and he got me some of his favorites for me to try. He got pumpkin pasties, cauldron cakes, and chocolate frogs and the chocolate frogs ended up being my favorite cause I have a sweet spot for chocolate.

Once the treats were gone, I attempted to pay Fred back for what I had eaten but when he saw me reaching for my purse he said, "No no treats on me pretty lady," with a smirk on his face.

I lightly punched his arm and in response, "Ok mister then I am paying next time."

"I look forward to it."

The twins and I continued goofing off and they told me about what Hogwarts will be like when I get there and how the sorting goes. They had told me how they had tricked Ron into believing he had to wrestle a troll to be sorted but it is actually much simpler. A magical hat gets placed on your head and it looks into who you are and decides. I think I would take the old mind reading hat over the troll any day.

About halfway into the ride, a boy came into our compartment and said in an Irish accent, "Oh my my who have you two tricked this time?"

Fred's and George's face lit up with joy seeing this boy arrive and introduced him as Lee Jordan.

"Hello Lee, my name is Hunter Allen and it is a pleasure to meet you," I said to the boy and shook hands. The three boys got into a deep conversation after that and I got bored and decided to roam the train for Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

After looking for about five minutes, I had begun feeling that I had gone the wrong direction as I was nearing the back of the train with my friends no where in sight. At the second to last compartment I sighted a familiar face, although it was not someone I was inclined to talk to. The blonde haired boy saw me looking and got up and opened the glass door. While looking me up and down he said, "Did you get lost Hunter?"

I was a little surprised that this apparently mean boy had remembered my name after such a short encounter but nonetheless replied, "It appears so. I was looking for my friends and I haven't found them yet. They must have been closer to the front of the train."

He nodded while he stuck out his hand. "I realized I never properly introduced myself," while we were shaking hands he continued, "My name is Draco Malfoy."

Deciding to act like I haven't heard the stories about him I reply, "Hunter Allen."

His eyebrows furrowed as he said, "Allen? I don't recall any wizarding families with that name."

"Well if you haven't noticed I'm not exactly from around here. I am from America and this is actually going to be my first year at Hogwarts."

"Wait that is odd because you are not eleven...are you?"

"No I am 15 but I will be a fourth year because Dumbledore wanted me to try and be able to catch up since I have had no previous schooling in the wizarding world. I only found out that I was a witch a couple months ago so this is all very new to me."

"Perfect, I am a fourth year too. But there will be some excitement in store for you this year. My father told me about this upcoming school event which will make this school so much more interesting."