chapter five

Chapter Five: The Weasleys 

The following day I happened to be in the kitchen just as a rugged old looking owl flew smack dab into the kitchen window. I rushed over to open the window and reach for the poor fellow and saw that he had dropped a letter that was addressed to me. I took the owl up to my room so that it could accompany Athena and gave it a few treats for its delivery. I let it rest while I read the letter.

Dear Hunter,

I hope that this letter reaches you, but there is a great chance that it won't due to our ancient owl Errol. He often gets confused and is not the best flyer. Hopefully, this does reach you.

I wanted to get to know you a little more before school started so that you would have a familiar face to talk to when we get to Hogwarts. Well, actually you'll know two because my twin, George, and I have the same face. It would be hilarious if you got us confused, a lot of people do when they first meet us.

I bet you will probably want to know more about my family. Let me tell you, there are a lot of Weasleys and I mean A LOT. I have three older brothers, a younger brother, and a younger sister so that totals to 9 Weasleys including mum and dad of course. 

Bill is my oldest brother, he is a curse breaker for Gringotts. Then comes Charlie who is a badass dragon handler. Then the boring Percy who cannot take a joke, he's the easiest to prank. The most attractive Weasley twins follow. George and I are just your above average pranksters. We're going to own our own joke shop one day, I'm sure you'll love it. Ron is the youngest boy of the family and he is besties with the infamous Harry Potter so I guess you could say he may be the most famous Weasley but that's only due to association. Ginny is my sister and she is the only female, poor her, but she has great siblings especially me and George. She did happen to be tricked by the Dark Lord in her first year at Hogwarts but other than that she's a sweetie.

So pretty lady I would love to hear more about you. Also, forgive Errol if he does something stupid and maybe give him a rest and a few treats?

Fred Weasley

I don't know why but this boy was making me smile the whole time reading his letter. I let Errol rest in Athena's cage while I wrote a response to Fred's letter and while Errol was occupying the cage Athena went out to roam free.

My neighbors had seen Athena a few days ago and were utterly confused why I had decided to have an owl as my pet, but haters are gonna hate. This little town is full of little-minded people that cannot stand anything that is slightly different than the assumed normal. Normal is so dumb, there shouldn't be anything that is considered normal. But that's the beauty of the wizarding world and Hogwarts, nothing there is normal. It's an escape from these people and their obnoxious ideas. I picked up a spare blue pen and a lined paper and began my letter to Fred.

Dear Fred,

Errol is well and is resting as I write. He did happen to smash into my window earlier but from the appearance of his feathers I assume that he has happened to do this a couple of times ? The poor guy needs a vacation haha

First of all, your family sounds delightful. I have quite a large family myself with 6 guys in the house and a huge Great Dane. Here in my sweet American home I have 5 brothers and they're all older than me. My dad is a single dad and he actually is a professional chef and he gets to cook for rich people. My brother John is the eldest and is away at college studying to become a doctor. He's obviously the responsible one and the smart one of the siblings. Then is Collin who is about to leave for college and is all about everything in outer space. Dan is next and he is the musician, he is really talented. I wish I could sing like him. I actually have a set of twins in my family too and they sound quite like you and George. Jack and Zack are the bestest of friends and are as thick as thieves. They also love to pull pranks on everyone in the family and are always up to cause trouble with me.