chapter six

Chapter Six: The Train

~ Enchanted by Taylor Swift ~
____________________________________
The days spent at the Weasleys' went by very quickly. Staying at the Burrow felt like I was staying at a relative's house. The Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione began to feel like family to me.

While we were there the boys taught me how to play Quidditch and Hermione and Ginny showed me some simple spells and tried to fill me in on everything I needed to know about the wizarding world. They even told me of the events that occurred at the Quidditch World Final and how the mark of the Dark Lord was conjured. I was shown the newspaper clippings that showed the dark mark and I could have sworn that I had seen that symbol before but could not remember where.

The night before we would go to Hogwarts, Molly told us that a guest was coming over for dinner. We were told his name was Lupin but I had never heard anyone speak of him, although everyone looked thrilled to hear his name. I was very excited to meet another wizard.

After Molly had said this I turned to Hermione and asked, "Who is Mr. Lupin?"

Hermione laughed and said, "There is no need to say 'Mr' haha. Lupin was a professor at Hogwarts last year, he taught Defense Against the Dark Arts. He was honestly the best teacher we've had so far, but he resigned because the entire school found out that he was a werewolf. He was also friends with Harry's father, James."

I gasped, "Werewolves are actually real? What else is real?"

"Well there are many mythical creatures that are real like dragons, trolls, goblins, mermaids, vampires, and more. I know that this is all kinda crazy to find out, trust me I was in the same position four years ago. There's so much you have to learn and not enough time to learn it."

"We can at least try," I told Hermione.

With that she began to try to tell me everything and I mean everything. She filled me in on blood status and how some pureblood families believe that muggle borns should not have magic, about the founding members of Hogwarts, about the Dark Lord's rise to power and his Death Eaters, how Harry got his scar, and so much more. It was quite a lot to take in at once.

Just as she was telling me about Sirius Black, Harry's Godfather and innocent criminal, a knock came from the back porch. Seeing as only Hermione and I were in the kitchen, I went to open the door to greet the guest.

As I opened the door I saw tall brown haired man with piercing green eyes, but what stuck out most was scars across his face.

He looked up at my face and was shocked. He opened his mouth with his eyes wide soundlessly muttering words. Confusion spread across my face as to why he was so stunned. It took him a second but he said, "Elysia? Is that you? It cannot be you."

Finally realizing that he was mistaking me for my mother I said, "Oh sir Elysia Millard is my mother. My name is actually Hunter Allen."

As he continued to look at my face, he replied, "My you look exactly like her! I didn't know that she had a daughter."

"Haha yeah she actually has 5 sons and then me. It interesting that you knew her. You must be Mr. Lupin it's so nice to meet you." I stuck my hand out in greeting.

He took my hand and with a big smile on his face he said, "Call me Remus."

Dinner consisted of a multitude of foods. I had ham with potatoes and a roll while the others had roast beef, stew, baked potatoes, and more. Molly's cooking was the best home cooked meals I've ever had saying as both my father and mother were not the best chefs.