New Neighbors *Chapter Four*

A constant tapping noise woke me up; I also felt something continuously hitting my cheek. It felt like paper of something, which didn’t exactly make sense. I peered one eye open, the ceiling of my bedroom was the first thing I saw. I opened the other eye and just laid there on my back in bed. I was wrapped up like a burrito with my covers, my head the only visible part of my body. Letting out a soft groan, I flipped over only to be greeted with a pair of very blue eyes again. They gleamed with a bit of danger, in his hands was a wad of paper coming out of a stray notebook he probably found laying on the floor. Not even processing what happened at first, I let out a little scream and rolled out of bed landing on the hardwood floors.

Quickly, I snapped up trying to ignore the skid marks on my knees. I was changed, I wasn’t in the jeans and oversized sweatshirt anymore. I was in these PINK pajama shorts that my mom bought me that I never wore. They hardly covered my butt, and I was also wearing a tiny spaghetti strap tank top. I wasn’t very bothered by the fact my mom dressed me, I probably passed out in the car and she just dragged me inside and changed me out of my ever so fashionable clothes.

Remembering that a stranger was in my room, I quickly averted my eyes back to him. He sat there in my bean bag with a smirk on his face as he was holding a book, he was trying to pass off that he was reading it, but giving that he was holding the book upside down, I’m not too sure how focused he was.

“Who are you and why are you in my room? How did you even get in here?!” My voice came out loud and frightened, at hearing the sound of my voice he turned towards me and closed the book harshly before setting it on the floor next to the beanbag.

“You should really wear shorts more often, you have great legs you know.” He said that with that dumb smirk on his face, his eyes wandering over my legs like I was some piece of meat.

“Wait, I know you, you’re the one who caught me in the nurses office.” I spoke, my voice much softer. He pushed himself off of the comfy sack and brushed himself off like the dust was going to ruin his shirt. He took a few steps towards me.

I took a few steps back.

He looked confused like he was trying to figure something out. “You’re scared of me,” he said bluntly, “why?”

“That’s none of your business, but it shouldn’t be that hard to figure it out.” I snapped back. He merely shrugged and ran his fingers through his rugged hair. He took another step towards me, and I took another one backwards. He stalked towards me at a faster pace like he was hunting me down, and I kept taking steps backwards before I realized what he was doing. Only a minute too late.

My back hit the wall of my room, and then he was only a few inches away from me. I could feel my breath hitching in my throat while I tried to keep from having a panic attack. I slowed my breaths and closed my eyes before opening them again.

His eyes were inches away from mine, his chest only centimeters from pressing me further into the wall and against my own. His eyes were flickering from my eyes to my lips, as if he would kiss me on the first day we met. My assumptions proved to be correct as he leaned in closer and closer. His eyes playing a dangerous game with mine, his breath fanned across my face. His chest now pressing into mine, his hand pressed up against the wall next to my head and the other one at around my hip, thus preventing me from moving.

I looked back up at his eyes; they were just so blue against the contrast of his tan skin, his hair blond from spending days outside in the summer and freckles appearing across the bridge of his nose. He leaned in, only to duck his head to the side and whisper in my ear.

“You think I’d really kiss a girl I just met?” His voice was slow, deep, husky, making me feel things I never felt before with Jacob. My relationship with Jacob was light and airy, this felt like there wasn’t enough air in the room. My heart was racing, his breath ghosting over my face; my eyes squeezed shut trying to shut out the feelings of wanting.

And then, all of the contact was lost, he stepped back leaving me with a heaving chest trying to process what had just occurred. My mind was reeling with the thoughts most impure, I didn’t understand why I had just met this boy. I didn’t know anything about him at all; I couldn’t have feelings for a stranger that just isn’t right.

“I’m going to ask you again, how did you get into my room?” He smirked before making his way out of my room.

“Well, your mom let me in before she went to work, she thought that you may want to get to know your new neighbor. Also, Taylor? Your green eyes are gorgeous, I don’t understand why you wear colored contacts.” And with that he shut the door.

I didn’t relax until I heard him shut the front door and after saying goodbye to my dad. I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding, my hand found it’s way, out of a nervous habit, into my hair running it’s way through the strands. I needed to get it dyed again, it was beginning to fade and roots were beginning to show. I walked into the bathroom, flinching at how cold the tile floor was I turned on the tap and splashed my face with water. I needed to wake up, to get out of this funk.

I wasn’t going to fall for this boy; he’d be falling for a lie. He would never, and could never know the real truth about anything. Nobody could. I didn’t even know his name for god sake, I knew nothing about him, besides the fact he was my pesky neighbor. I didn’t go outside very often, probably why I just never noticed he was my neighbor, or the fact that there was a for sale sign outside. I grabbed a towel and dried my face and looked at myself in the mirror, and that’s when his words rang through my head.

“Also Taylor? Your green eyes are gorgeous.”

Shit, shit, shit, this isn’t good. I was known for my green eyes. Celebrity magazines had named my eyes number one for most beautiful eyes. Realizing what had actually just happened, I flung the bathroom door open, stalked out of my room, nearly fell down the stairs and sprinted into the kitchen.

“What on earth has got you moving so quickly?” My father said amused, he was sitting at the table sipping a cup of coffee with the newspaper out in front of him.

“The neighbor boy? He saw my green eyes dad. He knows! He is going to tell everybody! I have to leave, I can’t just stay here like a sitting duck!” My voice was frantic and the pitched was raised, even towards the end of it my British accent began to appear again. My dad didn’t even flinch at the news of this; he simply turned towards me and looked amused even.

“Honey, the boy is 17. Their thought process isn’t exactly the greatest thing in the world, but, if you leave the city right now? That will cause more suspicion to rise in this situation. Just act like the comment didn’t bother you, or say that you like brown eyes better. The boy won’t do hours of research over your eyes honey. You’re just going to have to be a bit more careful around him.”

My father was right, I had nothing to worry over. I mean, its not like he’d Google green eyes or anything. “Why are you up so early anyway, it’s only six thirty in the morning?”

That bastard.