Painty *Chapter Three*

um so hi, this chapter is somewhat long, 2148 words, I know i've been gone for awhile, but please understand that I am in highschool now and I have four classes, two of them at the honor level, that give you the most homework, honor science, honor english, and then theres math. So please, please, understand that I am always going to put my academics first before writing. I love all of you and heres chapter three.

warning, i'm not that happy with it.

“Oh look, it’s Taylor.” Beck sneered making Kayla and Lauren giggle like it was the funniest thing on the planet. I sighed and continued to draw out the flower I was working ever so diligently on. It was a rose; it had thorns coming up the shaft before blossoming into the gorgeous flower. It reminded me of life, how you’re always going to have thorns in your way, but if you can look past that, it adds up to a beautiful flower.

“Alright class, lets settle down. I hope you are all done with sketching out your design. Now, you will be filling it in with one color of your choice. Please pick a color that is symbolic to your design, I don’t care if you chose the color that your design already is. Example, if you drew the sky, I don’t care if you make the sky blue. I will be coming around with bowls of paint, and remember please only choose one.” Mr. Deems spoke, looking at a group of boys who are surely going to intermix their colors.

I already decided I was going to pick red, it was simple enough, but red is so powerful and it can mean so many things. It can mean pain, or the complete opposite, love. Mr. Deems passed by me with a tray of paint, there were many different colors, but only one bucket left of red. I turned to pick it up as the same time Beck shoved Lauren into Mr. Deems.

Immediately I could feel the acrylic paint soaking through my shirt and pants, I could feel the paint drenching through my red hair making it look blue, purple, and orange. My shirt was a beautiful baby pink color, now looked black, my pants that were white, looked like I got my period. A massive red stained covered my crotch down to mid thigh. Even my shoes had paint on them.

It took me two seconds to realize what happened, and only a split second later to hear the laughter ringing in my ears from the classmates around me, even the teacher was trying to hold back a laugh at the scene that unfolded in front of him.

“Oh Taylor, is it your time of the month? I got some tampons in my backpack, but I don’t think they’d fit you. They’re not your extra large ones I’ve seen you take out of your backpack before.”

If my face weren’t covered in paint, the entire room would have seen how red my face had gotten. My eyes slowly filled up with tears, before trailing over the edge making streaks in the paint on my cheeks.

“Oh look, the little slut is crying. Can’t take a joke Taylor huh?” Beck sneered before grabbing his own cup of chosen paint and pouring bright, neon yellow into my hair. “There you go,” he whispered close enough to my face.

“Alright class, settle down. Get back to work, Taylor, go down to the nurses office and get some new clothes there.” Mr. Deems said, his face red from laughing too hard. I merely nodded before trying to take a step. Now, if you have ever worn Vans and tried to take a step in something slippery and slick like acrylic paint, you would know it doesn’t work out too well. One second I was upright, and in the next second I was flat on my back in my own pool of paint. It didn’t even take a second for the laughing to begin again and the unmissable clicks of photos being taken. I sniffled before pulling myself up and walking out of the classroom, with every step I took paint squished in my shoes. I knew that my entire outfit would be ruined; you can’t get this paint out of clothes.