Meltdowns

Barb just chuckled and stared at them.

"Sup', Popsqueak. Sorry if I'm interrupting your little love fest. Just wanted to drop in and say hi," Barb said, with a small amount of mockery in her voice.

Branch quickly got up off of Poppy. "Sorry, Pops, but I'm gonna go now.." he said, shuffling out the door.
Barb smirked. "Well, now that he's taken care of, HEY POPCORN!" she screeched.

"Ba- B-BARB- er..IE! Barbie! Haha, heyyy!" she greeted awkwardly.

Barb looked at her and said nothing. After a while, she burst out laughing. "Barbie? That's the best you've got?" she asked, grinning.

"Well, yeah! That's the best I have! Because you walked in on me and my boyfriend," she pouted. Barb rolled her eyes.
"Bahhhh, gross. I bet you two haven't even had- mmmphh!" Poppy covered Barb's mouth before she could say anything else.

"Anyways!" Poppy beamed, desperately wanting to change the subject, "How have you been? Y'know with Riff and all.." Now it was Poppy's turn to smirk as Barb turned crimson.

Barb glared at her. "Oh, how the tables have turned," the rock troll snarked. "Answer the question, Barbie!" she teased, and was almost crushed by Barb's soul piercing stare.

"Well, if you really need to know, we are doing just fine," she replied thru her gritted teeth. Poppy giggled. "Aaww, you're so embarrassed! Has Riff proposed yet?" she joked.

"Alright, Popsqueak, what about you? Has your boytoy gotten you pregnant?" she shot back. Poppy rolled her eyes, and she tried not to blush.
"No, what makes you think that?" Poppy asked.

"Well, first, I walk in to see your man on top of you, biting  and you're just crying 'Bwanchie, oh, Bwanchh, stop~!'"

"Fair point."

"And then again, you do look a bit swollen," Barb kid, gesturing jokingly at her abdomen. Poppy looked down. The words stung because she realized it was true.

I'm not getting fat... Am I? No... Oh, who am I kidding...

It started to rain and the two continued to bicker childishly for the next fifteen minutes, before Barb realized that something was wrong with the Pop queen.

"Yo, Pop? You good?" she asked, arching an eyebrow at her fake smile. Poppy nodded a little bit, but Barb wasn't going to buy it.

"Is this because I said that Branch would never propose? Because that was a j-"

"No. But could you leave? I'm not feeling very well," Poppy groaned, gripping her head. Barb studied her face for a few minutes before she sat up and waved her goodbye.

"I guess I'll see you later. Bye," Barb said as she walked out of the pod and into the rain.

Poppy looked in the mirror after Barb had left. She looked thin, but her hips were rather wide. Instead of seeing this as something beautiful about her body, she saw it as something hideous.

Poppy hated looking at herself, so she covered her eyes. She tried to wipe her tears, but they just kept pouring down her cheeks. She screamed into her pillow.

The girl was shaking and and crying uncontrollably, and she couldn't stop. Poppy hoped nobody heard her, but either her luck ran out or it overflowed.

"P-Poppy?!" a voice rang out thru the room. Poppy looked over, and saw Smidge and Guy Diamond standing in her doorway.

They both rushed over to her. "What's wrong?" Smidge asked, rubbing Poppy's back. She didn't answer, she just kept on crying.

"Should we call a Poppy 911?" Guy asked. Poppy cried out louder.
"No! Please...please, no..." she pleaded.
The two friends kept trying to comfort her, but she wouldn't stop sobbing.

After a while, Poppy mumbled something. They couldn't understand her. "What was that, Poppy?" Guy asked gently.

"Please... get him for me.." she sobbed a bit louder. Smidge and Guy looked at each other, confused.

"Branch... Get Branch, please..."

Authors note: This chapter isn't very good, and I apologize, the next chapter won't be as rushed.