68. DNA

"No scientist or biology. It's obvious when he's holding me; it's only natural that I'm so affected . . ."

I yearn for the proximity of Harry's body and mine as we lie there, breathless, in the small bed. His mouth is at my neck, hot pants fanning out against my skin as he comes down from his high. I'd never reached mine, only felt the stretch of my walls around his length, but I'd enjoyed the intimate moment we shared nonetheless. There was a certain satisfaction that came with seeing Harry fighting to hold on above me, head tossed back and curls a mess atop his head. Even though the moment ended with him letting go, I'd held on to the memory of him vulnerable and spent above me, head tossed back, jaw jerking in rhythm with the last of his sloppy thrusts.

The profanity that spilled from his lips along with the promise to take care of me allowed me to fantasize over the future, mind reeling at the possibilities. It was so hot to hear him whisper everything he wanted to do to me in my ear as he stilled inside of me, back arching and Adam's apple jutting out against the skin of his neck as he came, eyes screwed shut in pleasure.

I'm only left disappointed when he climbs out of bed, but not before placing a chaste kiss to my forehead. My eyes stay locked on the ceiling, not quite having the confidence to watch his bare form move across the room. The bathroom light clicks on and the door quietly comes to a close. I close my eyes and wrap myself up in the bed sheets, not at all bothered by the combination of body heat and bit of sweat that envelopes me.

Now left only with only my thoughts, doubt and fear of disappointment rise to the surface. Clinging the sheets tightly to my chest, I worry not about myself, but about Harry. This morning, every part of my being ached to be with him in that way. It happened, and now I can only hope and pray that his feelings for me have remained the same.

He emerges from the bathroom seconds later, giving me little time to worry before my attention is redirected. Green eyes fall upon me, crooked mouth quirking up at the corners at the sight of the cocoon I've decided to wrap myself in. He then stalks over and I can't help but notice that he's no longer sporting the latex condom he'd rolled over himself. I blush at this and his grin widens evermore.

"Still so shy," Harry muses with a shake of his head. "Some things never change."

The butterflies calm at this, and I wish with everything that his words hold a deeper meaning than he reveals.

"Still so cocky," I repeat, lightly mocking him.

He raises his eyebrows and swipes his tongue along his bottom lip. I stare back, the corners of my mouth quirked up in triumph. The expanse of his large hands spread on either side of my body, he leans down and kisses me deeply, pressing my head back into the pillows. I nearly see stars as I breathe him in and close my eyes, wrapping my fingers in his wild, unruly hair.

"Tug on my hair again," he pants against my open mouth, "and we'll go for round two. And, sweetheart, I don't think you're quite ready to handle it."

I do as I'm told and allow my fingers to slip from his mop of curls. He retracts and gazes down at me, amusement swimming around in his dark green eyes before it dissipates into the vivid color there. All jokes and teasing aside, the look on his face radiates nothing but concern as he ushers his body closer to mine. The bed dips and a pair of strong arms wrap around my back. One hand holds me to him while the other rubs circles along my hip.

"How are you feeling?"

"Strange," I gush. That is the only response I can muster as I subconsciously rub my thighs together in an attempt to alleviate the slight ache his intrusion and sudden absence had left there. Having him inside of me certainly took a toll on my body and I can only imagine the progression that will occur throughout the rest of the day and into the next morning.