I Hate Him A Couple Weeks Later (Picture Of Wally)

A Couple Weeks Later…

It was Music class. The whole class was watching a One Republic music video; the teacher wants us to learn the song Come Home.

She wants us to experience new ways of singing, so today it’s One Republic and tomorrow it’ll be Rihanna.

She turned off the TV and flicked all the lights on. I blinked tons of times like the rest of the class did.

“Jessa,” she said.

I bolted my head up and placed a small smile on my face. That was a surprise.

She usually never chooses me during class, she picks the best singer in class to do everything, which was Holland Gertrude, no, Holland was (well she still is) a girl. But everybody called her Holly. I don’t know why, but she hates me.

“Yes Mrs. Dutra?” I asked sweetly.

“I would love it if you came up and sang to One Republic,” she said.

Tingles ran down my spine. I was a good singer but, I don’t know if I can reach One Republic’s high noted. Those were scary to me.

I stood up from the plastic blue chair and walked up to her. The whole class had their eyes darted at me and Holly was chuckling in the back. No duh, she always does that when I have to do that.

I swallowed loudly and felt my heart pound faster than ever.

It’s not that I was stage fright, but at the same time I was now.

Mrs. Dutra hit play on the TV and the music played.

I cleared my throat and waited for the cue. “Hello world, hope you’re listenin’. Forgive me if I’m young for speaking out of turn… there’s someone that I’m missing and I think that they could be the better half of me…

Mrs. Dutra intertwined her hands together and sighed in awe. Am I that good? The whole class had their jaws dropped including Holly.

I continued, “They’re in the wrong place trying to make it right, but I’m tired of justifying –so I say to you, come home come home, ‘cause I’ve been waiting for you for so long for so long…And right now there's a war between the vanities but all I see is you and me. The fight for you is all I’ve ever known…

So come home… Ohhhh…” I finished.

I saw everyone clap and I smiled from ear to ear. I felt a warm fuzzy feeling at the bottom of my stomach when some people wooed me.

Mrs. Dutra side hugged me and I walked to my seat and sat down. My seat partner side hugged me as well. Those tingles kept on running down my spine in shock.

Wow, they loved it. Really wow.

“That is an example of a loser trying to sing,” Holly snorted.

I gave her my death stare but she still laughed in my face. At least that blonde sat five desks away from me, I hate her guts.

“Hey! She was amazing!” my partner said.

“It’s okay Zoey; let her snort her buggers up.”

Zoey chuckled and scratched her neon red hair. She was a big time rebel; I mean she dyed her hair neon red even though the principal said he would suspend her. He never did.

She once spray painted the gym with graffiti, no one found out that that was her though. The principal thought that it was Dupree, the lamest try-to-be-gangster guy. Our principal is really lame at that point.