Chapter Five

(Gion)

(In the mall)

Who knew Prince Leon of Germany could be so cruel! To his own sister nevertheless! Especially one with such a pretty face. Really, he has no sense of guilt at all! Surely, he knew that Lena would be hurt right? How can one not know that? He knew it, yet he still said and did something so hurtful. How despicable!

I had always thought the princes were very annoying and childish, but I would have never thought that the one who I considered the most sensible out of them all, Leon, could be so inconsiderate to his own flesh and blood and treat the other princesses like actual royalty. I didn't know the scars ran so deep.

"I couldn't get them to talk to each other, big brother. I really can't. I tried. And Lena..." I had held Gina until she fell asleep that night. I was annoyed that they made my sister so desperate, but now that I had sort of cared about Lena, my anger rose two times my anger that day three years ago.

This is exactly why I only dote on Gina. I have no time for nonsense like friendship. All the princes think I ought to consider Livio and Shintarou as my "close friends", and they may be a little right, yet Gina would always be my first priority. And probably because of this, I had no idea anyone could be so cold-blooded.

Gina was technically my everything. I knew it sounded sappy, but it was true. She wasn't just what most would consider a "special friend", she was my sister, and family was always a first to me. Well, perhaps I would have excluded Nonno from the family list judging from the fact that he had done nothing except belittle me since the beginning. I sighed when I saw that the other royals were currently still paralysed with shock. Why must I always count myself to be the most level-headed one when such things happen?

I was about to start searching for Leon first to get him to apologise to Lena before Gina suddenly grabbed my shirt.

"Yea?" I asked.

"You'll bring Lena back right? Or should I go search for her?" Gina queried, her eyes darting around, clearly panicking.

"I'll do it, don't worry. It's dangerous for you to be in the streets unattended at this time," I replied, flashing what I hoped was a reassuring smile at her. Gina nodded, but she was still on high alert. After I made her swear that she would go back to her dorm with Su Jung and not search for Lena, I left my sister in Su Jung's custody. I looked around, deciding to head to the mall exit to look for Leon.

I found Leon right where I presumed he was at, right outside the mall. Walking towards him, I opened my mouth, part reprimanding, part educating and advised him, "Leon, I think you should apologise to your little sister first, before we take this matter back to school, instead of making a scene in public. We are princes and princesses for god's sake. We have a reputation to uphold."

Leon blinked at me in disbelief, before stepping forward and said, "You are not one to speak. You know nothing of how much shame this brat has brought to us in Germany. My parents are very worried about her going astray. Perhaps she already has."

"Oh and is this your excuse for making your own sister feel unworthy of you?" I retorted, suppressing the flame that was dangerously burning inside of me. I didn't know why I cared, but I did. To be honest, Lena and Leon were the closest I'd ever had to friends. I might have called them friends once when I was young. However, the moment I stepped into this academy and realised he was with those useless brats of princes, whatever part of our friendship that had survived the five years of being apart diminished completely. My friendship with Lena hadn't, though it was probably due to my sister's own closeness with her.

I turned my back towards him and warned him, "You ought to reflect on your actions, but I don't have time to talk to you. I have to go check on somebody's sister to ensure her safety."

I felt an ounce of pride as I left a stunned prince behind me. I placed my hands in my pockets to walk back to the wreckage that Leon left behind - not to mention that the scene was still wreckage since I left - and attempted to find the missing princess.

Swearing under my breath, I still couldn't believe that Leon could be so heartless to his sister. What did he mean by the shame Lena brought upon the royal family of Germany? What could someone as innocent-looking as Lena do? Despite Gina's recount, I didn't really believe that Lena could do such a huge amount of damage.

Honestly speaking, he shouldn't have left me inclined to take care of his sister. I wouldn't say I don't like it, but can't he be more responsible for his brotherly duties?