Chapter 21

My eyes are still watery from the previous minutes. Karl and Nick cared to explain exactly what happened to Dream, since I don't think he had the courage to do it directly to me. I know damn well that this awful situation kills them as much as it kills me. Like I guessed, it was something about his parents and revenge.

They explained that Dream always told them that his parents would eventually get what they deserve for even wanting to have a child in the first place. Last night, he ran off, and Nick was about to call me, when he actually got a call from the hospital. They told him that Dream's parents and Dream himself had ended up in a fight when the young boy went to confront them.

Both adults got arrested, but Dream wasn't really in good condition after that. The blond boy was really scared to tell me because he thought I would be angry at him for ruining our trip. Nick and Dream spent the night together at the hospital, before they actually drove to my house to tell me.

I should know Dream enough to guess that arresting them wouldn't be enough for his satisfaction. Tears were flooding once again down my cheeks, trying to comprehend every little detail mentioned by the two boys in the front seat. I feel a bit guilty of all the times I could have helped him, yet I was so blind. I have to stop looking at the past.

After a while, the car remains silent as we drive towards the airport, rushing a bit to get there in time. I really don't get why we are still going, without Dream here, everything is going to be different. Nothing is going to feel as fun and funny as before. I look outside the window as small drops of rain start to race on the cold glass in front of me. I watch them dropping slowly, as I follow them with my finger.

My mind is full of happiness and brokenness from our moment in the hospital. Emotions are hard to explain, but today I could write a goddamn novel on them. Simply the way he looked at me, held my hand, kissed me... it still felt so unreal, but so disappointing. This was not how it was supposed to go at all. The story was supposed to go way better, have a happy ending for the both of us, but at the same time, I would never exchange it for anything.

One day, my path crossed Dream's. His path is way harder than mine. It is like a little trail full of obstacles with a deep cliff on the side of it. He always had to be very careful to not fall in it. So many times people have tried to drag him and make him deviate from his careful steps, but nobody really succeeded to this point. Nobody, except for me.

I made him deviate, so I could share a little of my path to help him. I held my hand to help him cross all kinds of dangerous and triggering obstacles.That is exactly what I ever wanted. Being happy together.

Nobody will ever know what is waiting for us at the end of the road. It is like we are always preparing for a trip. Sometimes it can be scary, and we stop looking at reality the same way we used to. We shouldn't do that, because reality is the most precious thing we can hold onto.

We never know when people are gonna become lovers or traitors. The only thing all of us have to keep in mind is that sometimes, even on the hardest path, some small and colorful flowers grow. Dream paved my aisle with them.

Every little or big step we make is gonna leave scars. Each of them tells a story of a happy or sad memory. These scars are not always visible, but they are still printed there.

I know Dream didn't have it as easy as others did, but I know for a fact that none of us would exchange our roads for anything.

For once in my life, I don't look back. I look at what the future may have to offer us.

This is the end!!!! Thank you so much for reading.

Please leave comments on how you enjoyed the story or if you have any request like a sequel maybe? ↠

I didn't say it much throughout the story, but thank you so much for almost 600 reads on this story wth!!!! It absolutely blows my mind, and it means the world if you made it to the end. If you have anything that could help me in my writing for the future, feel free to comment it. I can take criticism pretty well. Please consider voting once again. It is completely free, and you can always unvote if you change your mind in the future lol.

Love you guys so much, and one last time.

Rosa <3