Chapter 19

For the past few days, I have been preparing the best I could for the trip. This whole thing stresses me a lot, but I am extremely excited to leave everything behind. We are taking off a little bit later this afternoon, since our flight is at 6 pm. It is the morning right now, and I am bored out of my mind.

I still think a lot about that night at Nick's apartment. I don't worry too much, because I know that Nick takes care of Dream. His confessions left me speechless that night. I think about it so much now. The way he talked about how he learned to surf and how he would get in trouble at school made me laugh. 

The parts that I remember the most are the sad ones. I know that he didn't want me to view him differently because of it, but I can't help but feel so much sympathy for him. I thought that I grew up in an unfair place, but it was not as bad as him.

When he was talking about how he got his scars, it is like he was putting the blame on him. The way he would pronounce every world with such carefulness like he didn't want to wake up that monster sleeping inside him. I can't say that I know what it feels like to be on the edge in life, but part of me would just take his pain. He is literally on my mind every second of my life now. It's like he decided to bring a tent and a couple of blankets, and just camp in my head all day. My only goal in life nowadays is to make sure he can be happy.

There is one little detail that made me half happy and half surprised that night: when he told me he liked boys. I don't know why, but when I heard it, it made me smile. It should have been a little obvious to know, but I just never thought of it. I'm even more confused about my feelings now. Just like every time I am confused, I decide to call my sister. I can't leave either without telling her about the last few days.

"Hello" a young voice comes out of the phone.

"Hey Liv, I actually have so much to tell you"

Obviously, I don't get into details about Dream's life. He told me, and I am going to keep it for myself as long as he is not comfortable sharing it. I am so excited to tell her how amazing the guy is. How we talked together for so long before falling asleep. I'm about to continue my story when she cuts me off while laughing.

"You are so in love George"

I stay quiet for a few seconds, trying to know what to answer. Nothing comes to my mind as an answer. I don't know if I should lie or not. Would that even be considered lying, since I'm not even sure myself? Nick said a while back that it takes time to figure out feelings. Mine are definitely far from being understood, but the way he looks at me, the way he holds my hand, the way he laughs gives me butterflies. When I look at him, he just smiles back at me with his gorgeous looking face.

"Yeah, um, maybe actually" I respond, shyly.

I am expecting a super excited and some screams to come out of the phone, but no, she stays calm.

"I'm really happy for you George, I already know he is perfect for you. You deserve to be happy"

"Why do you think he is perfect for me?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Well, the way you talk about him and smile at the same time. He also seems like a nice guy in general according to you"

She has a point.

"Just listen to yourself for once, George"

She has no idea how much I would have loved to give her a big hug and thank her. She is literally the sweetest and most supportive human being on the whole planet. I truly miss her, more and more every day.

"I will, thank you" I respond, nervously.

Time skips

All my things are packed in suitcases, and I am so damn ready to go. I have waited this moment for the last few weeks. My stuff is lined up on the wall next to the door so that way it is going to be easier when I leave. I made sure to pack everything I could possibly need there, and even more. I also told my viewers on stream that I would take a break, and most of them were ok with it.

Time flies extremely slow right now, and I just walk around my apartment out of excitement. I look everywhere, trying to find something I could've forgotten. It was probably the 10th time doing that in the last hour, but I don't mind. I take my list and read it again to make sure everything is in place. 

Nick, Karl and Dream are supposed to come pick me up in less than twenty minutes. I can just imagine how much fun we are going to have blasting music in the car and just fly on the plane all together. This feels like everything I could ever want.

And Dream. He is finally going to have some time to think about other stuff and just get away for once. He deserves it.

I'm starting to worry a bit and get more nervous, checking the time every second. The boys are now nearly fifteen minutes late to come and pick me up. I know it's not that bad, but something could have happened. I keep texting them, but I get no answers from either. The time seems to pass so slowly as I wait for them, nervously.

My worries all fade away when I hear a knock on my door. Finally, I think to myself as I grab my stuff, and open the door in excitement.

What I am met with leaves me speechless. Nothing in my life hurt me more than this exact moment. I back off a little as I am met with Karl and Nick, tears running down their cheeks.

Dream.

OOooOOOoO. Anyway have a great day ily. Pls vote, I really appreciate it.

Rosa <3