Chapter 11

Taking her pencil and sketch book out of her bag, Allison started drawing on her favorite spot in the furthest corner of the library. Not many people came to this side and that was why she really loved spending her free time between classes there. The ironic thing was this was the place where she had met Sean for the first time.

At that moment, he had asked her what she was drawing and she had fallen in love with him at first sight. After that day, he always came there even only for ten minutes. And also, at that very spot, they had their first kiss and later he said that he loved her.

"It's a bit cold over here, isn't it?" Sean had asked nearly two years ago.

"Yeah, it is," Allison replied, glancing at the dark-haired guy beside her then continued scratching her pencil on the sketch book.

"What do you say we find something warm at the coffee house?"

"Give me five minutes to finish my drawing first, okay?"

"Let me warm you, then."

She startled. "W- what?"

He offered her a charming smile. "Let me warm you while you're drawing."

Glued to her seat, Allison couldn't think of what to say over the sound of her heart beating so loud.

Still smiling, Sean said again, "I'm just going to hug you while you're drawing."

But her mouth still couldn't produce any word with his smile so electrifying it made her hands too tremble to draw.

His brown eyes leveled with hers from behind his glasses with his thick eyebrows rising. "May I?"

"Uh... O- okay..."

When he shifted closer to her and put his strong arms around her, her heart detonated in happiness and she could feel her face hot. Warmth and bliss blanketed her body from head to toe and she couldn't help but smile.

"Warmer?" Sean asked tenderly.

"Uh, y- yeah, better," Allison answered bashfully. But still, at that very moment, she wished he would never let go of her because being in his arms made her feel belong.

With his chin on her shoulder, he asked about her drawing, "Is that a beetle?" His warm, mint breath grazed against her cheek and it caused her to feel butterflies in her stomach.

She gulped nervously. "Y- yeah."

"I really love your drawings," he complimented. "I think they're all amazing."

"T- thanks."

The next second, silence glided down between them. It wasn't easy for Allison to keep focus on her drawing and calmed her hands. Every time his breath caressed her skin, it made her heartbeat race a thousand times faster.

"Alli," Sean called.

She turned to him and found him already staring.

"Can I call you mine?"

She gasped. "What?"

Right after that, everything had been magical. Still clear in her mind how she got lost in his eyes digging deep into hers. How he tucked her hair behind her ear then cupped her face gently. How their lips met for the first time. And how good their first kiss was. Nothing in the world could make her forget about all that.

Allison had never trusted anyone since her father's abandonment when she was seven years old. The last thing her father had told her was he was going to get her the Barbie doll she had desired for a long time at this toy shop. But, at the end of the day, he had never come back.