05

In the Previous Chapter:

"Wow..." Paimon said in awe as mora coins appear on Paimon eyes. Aether just sweat dropped. I inwardly sweat dropped but didn't show it outwardly.

"Well then, let us be off. The first step in our preparations shall be to obtain some prize Noctilucous Jade worthy of a deity." I said as I gracefully walk away and went to Jade Mystery that was on Chihu Rock, Main Plaza.

Now

━━━☛ 𝒲𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒰𝓅 𝒜𝓈 𝒵𝒽𝑜𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒾 ☚━━━

In Liyue, Sea of Clouds Liyue Harbor

Zhongli POV

"Welcome to the Jade Mystery, my good friends! Would you like to try your luck betting on jade? This could be your lucky day." Shitou the seller and owner of Jade Mystery said, as we went towards his store.

"It's cheap and it's fun, and who knows, you might just strike it rich!" As Shitou tries to gain others attention towards his store.

"Betting? No, no, we're here for... um, what was it again?" Paimon forgot what we were suppose to get.

"Noctilucous Jade, of radiant grade at the very least." I tell the seller.

"Radiant grade Noctilucous Jade? I see, you're not a tourist. My apologies. I have some here for your perusal..." He went towards one of the boxes and took 3 pieces before displaying it.

"What do you think? The Jade Mystery is an old name in the jade business. Just look at that wonderful quality! Rex Lapis doesn't often bless us with such finery. Go on, pick whichever one you like!" He said in the confident tone.

"These three pieces really do look pretty, not like the ones you usually dig up... But how do we pick? Should we just grab one and go?" Paimon looks worried.

"What do you think, Mr. Zhongli?" Aether ask me as he can't decide.
"Oh? You want me to decide? That is fine as well." I said.

'*sighs* acting in the script is hard, but this is for the best for the traveller to gain more battle experience's I thought to myself.

"If it were me, the answer would be simple."

"Oh? And that would be...?" Paimon said in a curious tone.

"I'll take them all, boss."

'There I said it, their is no turning back now'

"Oh, you act with such panache, good sir! I always knew you were not a man of ordinary caliber!" Shitou looks happy.

"Wait! Wait! Boss, that one didn't count! We need to discuss it again!" Paimon said as she pull me away to have a talk.

"Hey! If we only need one for the ritual, aren't we wasting three times the Mora if we buy them all!?" Paimon said in a panic.

"Actually, it's two times more Mora." Aether said.

"Oh, Mora. Hmm..."

'should I fake being poor or not?, Nah... I'll just Fake it just to get more free stuffs' I thought to myself as I already knew I was different than the real Zhongli/Morax as I have earn more mora by having my own business and doing commissions.

"It is as you say. I suppose I overlooked this particular aspect of the transaction." I said to them.

"Huh? How do you not think about Mora when buying things!?" Paimon panic.