Dazed and Confused

UA Dorm, Musutafu

Izuku found himself unable to utter a good enough sentence.

He also found himself unable to interpret the flash in Shōto's mismatched eyes, staring back at him for the last half-hour as he waited patiently for him to answer.

"Did All Might give you One For All?" he had asked on the phone, out of nowhere.

Izuku's brain had crashed.
He had only managed to blurt out the only sensible thing he could think of: he'd explain tonight.

...Except that tonight was now.
They were both sitting on the younger teen's bed, and Shōto had repeated the question.

Izuku looked to the nearest All Might poster, as if his idol's printed grin could give him courage — then he slowly nodded.
- ... Yes.

All of a sudden his heart started racing, and the words flowed through his mind. A rush of panic overwhelmed the green-haired teen, as he grabbed his boyfriend's hands to squeeze them with all his strength.

- B-But I've been yearning to tell you SO BAD, I swear!! Ever since we started dating, I didn't wanna keep any secret from you, b-but I was terrified that you might react... err... badly, just like Endeav-

Izuku cut himself short with a mental slap, and crashed again with a curse because aaaAAAAHHHhh Shōto HATED to be compared to his father, how in the world could something like that have slipped without him thinking?!!
The poor boy began to hyperventilate as he racked his mind for the best way to express his thoughts; really he should have thought it over beforehand, he KNEW IT, what an utter idio-

His train of thought straight out derailed when the fire and ice wielder squeezed his hands back.

- Hey, hey, Midoriya, calm down... it's okay, really.

Izuku blinked.

"Huh...?!"

Was it because he didn't believe him, or-

- It's your power, Shōto said, as he lay a hand onto the younger teen's racing heart. That's what you told me back at the Sports Festival when I wouldn't acknowledge my fire Quirk, remember? Well I know it's not the same... but I guess I can imagine how heavy it must be for you, too.

He smiled, as Izuku seemed to have frozen on his spot.
- Besides, I find it really cool, he confessed in a lower voice, letting himself get lost into these wide green orbs that made him melt. I'm even more convinced that you'll become the best N°1 Hero the world has known.

But then something occurred to him — and his smile vanished, as he found himself unable to forget how affected Endeavor had been indeed, when All Might had told him about One For All.
Shōto's eyes flickered for an instant and he cupped his boyfriend's face with both hands.

- ... Just promise me you won't run away to America, okay?

"Not that I'd let you go anyway," he mentally corrected himself. "You know I'd follow you anywhere, no matter the cos-

Izuku threw himself at his neck, snapping him back to reality.

- T-Todoroki-kun...! You really are the best!!

- ...What, no- hey Midoriya, don't cry! Shōto panicked, immediately squeezing him back and burying his face into his green locks to give him a reassuring kiss. I'm honored that you trust me enough to share something so important and secret. Plus it's not as if you told everybody but me, right?

The younger teen immediately tensed.

Shōto blinked and raised a brow.
- What? Does someone else know about this besides All Might?