19 | Action

19 | Action

-----------------------------

LOUIS

-----------------------------

We're on the road again, targeting the next place to explore. As Niall, Liam and Harry discuss where Sheila is going to take us next I ignored them and went to sit by myself on my bed. I wasn't interested in this trip anymore; I'm more interested on how Sheila's brain really works.

The four of us were intrigued by the package Harry gave to her that yesterday. Wedding rings? Who owns them, anyway? And what did Sheila and Niall talk about that she didn't want other people to know? If she thinks it was 'dangerous' and 'life-risking', why did she only tell it to Niall? Did she think that the rest of us were pussies? I know Liam put down the order that we shouldn't mind her business, but it's not something you can easily ignore. We're with her every day! She's our bodyguard, driver and the responsible one on this trip. Of course we'd get curious on what's happening with her. One day, she's nice. Next day, she's...bitter. What's with the mood swings?

"C'mon, Niall!" Harry complained, cutting me off my thoughts. "Why can't you just tell it to us?"

My head snapped to them. They were in the middle of the cargo, sitting in a yoga position. Harry was looking at Niall with desperation while Liam had his face on his hands, apparent that he was tired of the topic. I listened closely.

"Because I can't," Niall said. "But she said that I'll get to tell you about it when the time's right."

"Now, she's giving out riddles," Harry grumbled and Liam sighed.

"Drop the topic, Styles," he said firmly. "We've already agreed on this---no butting in Sheila's business."

"But we are her business!" Harry said.

"Not entirely," Niall said quietly and we shot him a questioning glance. He tensed and played with his fingers. "But I can't tell you about it, if you start asking again. I'm sorry, lads---I'm just following the rules."

"What she gon' do if you tell us about it now?" I asked and for a moment, he looked scared.

"She's gonna blow my head up," he muttered his answer and silence passed us. That doesn't sound like a joke. Whatever Sheila says that's accompanied with death is never a joke. But why do I feel like, if we don't know what her problem is sooner, this trip is just a big joke and she'd end up dead in front of us?

"ZAYN, GO AHEAD! GO!" Sheila's familiar voice shouted from the front of the cargo. The three of us looked at each other, confused by what was happening. "WE'LL CATCH UP LATER!! LOUIS!!"

Alarmed, I stood up quickly as a loud thud---that sounded like footsteps---were heard at the ceiling of the cargo. The hell?! Who was on top of the cargo?

"LOUIS!!!" Sheila shouted again and we all jumped when there was a sudden loud creak and a small trapdoor opened at the side of the cargo that lead directly to the front seat. The black-haired girl's head popped inside, her face determined and firm. "LOUIS!! GET YOUR ARSE OVER HERE AND DRIVE THIS CARGO!! HARRY, NIALL AND LIAM---SIT AT THE FRONT!! FAST!!"

I quickly clambered in as Sheila was starting to get let go of the wheel, a gun at her other hand and slipping out through the window at the driver's side. Tumbling, I finally got hold of the wheel and Sheila got out as the three other boys went in. I saw the Volvo speeding away.

There were suddenly loud consecutive gunshots and running footsteps over the cargo's ceiling.I swerved to the right when I heard the first shot, surprised by the sound. Whoever Sheila was fighting up there, I hope she doesn't get shot. It's enough already that she got shot at the shoulder and sent to the hospital, we don't need her going back there when she just got out.