12 | Shot

12 | Shot

------------------------------

SHEILA

------------------------------

He was there, standing in front of me, his face panic-stricken.

He looked like he just went through a big ordeal and fight, with the ash-painted clothes, bleeding wounds and shallow cheeks. He took my hand, asking for help soundlessly. But I couldn't move my body, I couldn't utter a single word and I was sure I wasn't going to be able to help this boy. I almost wanted to crumble, to die, with the fact that he was helpless and he was asking it from me, a person who couldn't move.

His beautiful features were heart-breaking to look at. I wanted to look away but I remember that I can't move. Then, I have to face him the whole time — without watching away as he fell to his knees, begging.

No...This is not something I would want to happen.

"HELP!!" someone suddenly shouted. "HEEEELP! LEEEEEYUUUM! NAAAAYAAAALL! HAAAREEEHH! ZAAAAAAAYN! HEEEEEEELP MEEEEE!"

I opened my eyes open in panic and inhaled deeply. I caught a whiff of mild perfume and look at the person beside me. My eyebrows rose when I saw Zayn, rubbing his eyes groggily. Did I sleep with him? And what the hell was that dream about?

I followed him out of the truck and saw three other boys, running around, shocked and surprised. I frowned, confused and watched Harry and Zayn shout Louis' name at the top of their lungs. I stood rooted at my spot with Liam. I hid my wrist behind my back, feeling it becoming sore again. Niall rubbed his eyes and went to look behind a huge boulder. Liam sighed.

"STOP HIDING, LOUIS!" Liam suddenly shouted and the paused to look at him, confused. "PLAYTIME'S OVER!"

We heard laughter from the trees and we see Louis running towards us, tears of joy at the brim of his blue eyes. The boys gave him a grim look as he tried to calm himself down.

"Thank you, Louis, for humiliating us," Liam said, sighing exasperatedly but he was looking at me. I raised my eyebrow and hid my wrist behind my back again.

"Sheila, what happened to your wrist?" he asks, the smile wiping off his face and ignoring Liam. I immediately gained the attention of the rest of the boys.

Oh, boy. Here we go again.

"It's nothing, Louis," I replied, giving him a cold look. "It's the least of your concerns."

"Of course, it's our concern," he insisted childishly. "You're our bodyguard —"

"— but I don't see the connection between me being your bodyguard and the happenings of my health," I cut him off.

"We'll be hanging together for the following four free weeks," he said, sounding more like a grown-up this time. "We'll be seeing your face every day; it's obvious we'll get curious on what's happening with your side. Now, show us your wrist because we might help you with whatever it's going through."

He held out his hand to me. I looked at it, debating with my eyebrow raised high. After it, I rolled my eyes.

"Listen here," I seethed. "Let's get one point clear — I don't need any of your help."