14 | Mail

14 | Mail

-----------------------------

HARRY

-----------------------------

Sheila's change of mood whenever we were around with her was both overwhelming and relieving. Was this one of the female species' mood swings or did someone put some sense into her narrow mind? Either way, the lads are glad. She didn't seem like she was sulking all the time anymore and even managed to make us laugh with some sassy joke she pulled on Louis. There were times where she suddenly got all quiet and spaced out staring at the wall, but it didn't happen frequently. Just on times where we rested from laughing.

Most amazing of all, Zayn's mood had lightened up compared to the last time he and Sheila were alone together. He was so moody that first night at the hospital that he snapped at all of us then ignored us for the rest of the day, except when we decided to talk to Sheila. On Sheila's fourth day, we were surprised to see Zayn's bed in the cargo empty. We looked around the abandoned lot and every nook and corner of the cargo, but nada, zilch, nothing. Even Sheila's Volvo had disappeared.

"He's probably Sheila's first visitor for today," Louis concluded, an evil smirk playing on his lips. "You guys know how much he can't resist her..."

We sighed. We liked to exaggerate things but this one wasn't a joke. Every time the visiting hours are over, Zayn always went to the nurses' table to ask for an extension of another hour. It was a good thing it worked all the time because if not, we were seriously going to be embarrassed since Zayn looked determined at those conversations. He looked so determined that he looked like one of those cartoon characters that wanted to fly and finally had a chance.

"And he's still in denial," Niall grumbled, getting back inside the back of the cargo. "It was obvious how over-the-roof he was when I told him Sheila's gonna try and talk to us more properly . . ."

"Why did he like her again?" Liam asked.

We looked at each other. No one knew the answer to that question except for the Bradford boy. If we ask him, he'll clearly deny everything. Again. That boy is a bad liar as much as how good he is as a human lie detector. When he keeps saying "No" and "Nothing", he'll only end up confusing himself.

After a bath, a nice change of clothes and breakfast, we ride a cab going to the hospital. The cargo was too big to fit in the hospital's parking lot and would cause traffic. We were supposed to take Sheila's Volvo but then again, it disappeared or Zayn rode it to the hospital himself. He had serious problems with Sheila — seriously.

We checked in as "Ms Lockhart's visitors" (which is extremely funny by the way, on how the hospital staff seemed so stiff and stern in mentioning her name like she was the Queen) and after that, we proceeded to her room. It was private and spacious, and it had tight security (then again, the staff must've thought she was someone important) but all the rooms in the hospital does. This time, Niall opened the door for us. The baby penguin is in better amends with Sheila than us. They have this kind of sister-brother relationship when they talk, surprising us a lot.

We heard laughter from one side of the room and Louis wiggled his eyebrows funnily. Obviously that was Zayn and Sheila, having a great time together. We were willing to leave them alone but Louis doesn't think so and interrupts them.

"Hey, hey, hey!" he said loudly, his Peter Pan complex acting up again and throwing his hands on air jubilantly. "Who missed me?"

As we took off our coats and placed it on the chair nearby, we saw Zayn and Sheila suddenly shut up and give him looks.