Chapter Eleven

A/N: Time to see Florence and her Dad! And then meet some ballerinas :3

_______________________________________

"Do you want to remain in the room forever?" Eric spat, pacing the floor in front Florence who was sitting as still as a statue, tears sliding slowly down her face. Her father had never raised his voice to Florence before, yet alone shout at her. "I will make it so you can never leave here Florence! Do you want me to do that!?"

"No," Florence replied weakly, her eyes focused on the ground. Erik looked to his daughter and stopped his pacing. He hadn't meant to make her cry..

"Florence," he sighed, crouching down in front of the girl, "My dearest, I do not mean to upset you. It is just dangerous for you to be out like that.. unaccompanied..." Florence just nodded, her eyes still watery and glued to the ground. Erik frowned, gently taking Florence's chin in her hand and tilting it up so Florence looked him in the eye. "If you want to go to the stables, just ask, my darling," Erik told his daughter softly, "I do not mind."

Florence gave a small smile and nodded, blinking tears out of her eyes. Erik smiled, and, using his sleeve, wiped the tears from her eyes.

"I just want you to be safe, dear child," Erik whispered, his voice cracking slightly at the thought of his daughter being taken away.

"Don't worry, Papa," Florence whispered, leaning forward and hugging Erik, "Only one boy saw me... Who will believe him?" Erik put on a smile for his daughter, before backing out of the hug and bidding her a good night. When he reached his desk however, he put his head in his hands. Word at Opera Populaire spread faster than fire. There was no doubt that half the opera's population already knew, as it was already sunrise on the outside world...

And how right Erik was..

~-~-~-~

When Meg emerged from her rest, she could already here the murmuring and gossip being exchanged just outside her door. Meg jumped out of her bed and quickly changed before opening her door to see a herd of young ballerinas gathered there in a tizzy.

"Girls, girls!" Meg consoled, "Why do you stand here? You are not even ready and rehearsal starts in just an hour!"

"Oh Meg!" one of the girls whispered loudly, "We just could not wait to tell you! There is a new phantom present!" Meg paled at the statement. A new phantom? Perhaps they were speaking of Erik- after all, almost all of the inhabitants of Opera Populaire were under the impression he had died.

"A... a new phantom? That is absurd, Angela," Meg scolded the ballerina who had spoken, "And it is not wise to speak of what you do not know!"

"But Meg, Olivier saw her!" Angela argued, pouting, "He saw the little Opera Ghost last night!"

"It was this morning, you idiot," an older ballerina sniffed disapprovingly, "And stupid Olivier doesn't know what he is talking about. He said that little phantom was the prettiest girl in all of France, but that obviously is not true."

"Oh, get your nose out of the sky, Phoebe!" Angela squeaked angrily, "Just because you fell for Olivier and he 'broke' your heart, does not mean he is a liar!"

"He took advantage of me," Phoebe growled, but Angela shook her head. All the ballerinas at the opera knew better than to fall for the stable boys- especially Olivier. None of them were looking for anything long term... Phoebe sniffed, and then flicked he blonde hair before strutting off.

"Anyway," Angela went back to her explanation, watching Phoebe narrow eyed, "she does exist, Meg. She really does."

Meg sighed, then shooed the ballerinas off.

"You must get ready girls!" Meg called after them as they ran off, "And no more talk of this Phantom!" Even if she did, in fact exist...