Chapter 5 | Baymax

Word count: 1.3K

Total time (estimated): 1 day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hiro," Tadashi called, motioning for Hiro to follow him, Ariyana standing alongside Tadashi, her hand interlocked his. The two followed Tadashi into his own lab.

"So, uh, what have you been working on?" Hiro questioned, observing the lab's interior, Ariyana standing beside him

"I'll show you," Tadashi walked over and ripped off a piece of duct tape from a roll.

Hiro sighed. "Duct tape? Hate to break it to ya, bro. Already been invented." Ariyana giggled in response, Hiro and Tadashi smiling over at her. Then Tadashi started heading toward Ariyana. He rolled up one of her jacket sleeves, stuck on the duct tape--

"Hey--"

--and then ripped it off.

"Aah! Dude! Oww!" Ariyana clutched her right forearm in pain with her left hand, scolding her brother.

"Hey! What's your deal?!" Hiro glared at him. Then he wrapped an arm loosely around his sister, his hand on her shoulder.

There was a small beeping sound, and then a white, inflatable robot appeared from inside a red case. "This is what I've been working on."

Ariyana exchanged looks with Hiro, slightly alarmed, before looking at the robot, which was currently waddling toward them. Ariyana sent Tadashi a nervous look. He gave her a reassuring smile and a small nod, silently assuring her it was okay.

 He gave her a reassuring smile and a small nod, silently assuring her it was okay

The robot held up a hand and gave a small wave. "Hello. I am Baymax. Your personal healthcare companion." Hiro and Ariyana stared in awe. "I was alerted to the need for medical attention when you said 'ow.'" Tadashi mouthed the word "ow" while Baymax spoke it, standing behind the robot, which stood five or six inches taller than him.

"A robotic... nurse...?" Hiro said, his words sounding midway between a statement and a question.

"On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your pain?" A scale was displayed on Baymax's body, each number with a face to depict the level of pain.