Chapter 2 | Jailbirds

Word count: 1.2K

Total time (estimated): 12 days

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hiro, get on!" It was Hiro's five-years-older brother Tadashi, a nineteen-year-old young man of tall, slightly muscular build with short, neat, smooth jet-black hair that was currently hidden underneath his helmet, and a pair of large intelligent, shiny chocolate-brown eyes that were currently filled with concern.

"Tadashi!" Hiro exclaimed with relief and hurried onto the vehicle. "Oh, good timing!" Tadashi dropped a helmet on Hiro's head, which was slightly too big before they sped off.

Further back, Yama held Hiro's bot as he watched them disappear from view. "A-ha!" he grinned smugly at the overpowered bot in his large hand. Just then, it quickly switched to its aggressive appearance and whacked Yama in the face repeatedly, knocking the large man down to the concrete. Hiro recalled it with his controller, and the bot slid across the ground to the bike and hopped into his grip. He looked down the passage behind them, grinning with victory and relief.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"Are you hurt?"

"No."

"Then what were you thinking?!" Tadashi scolded his little brother, irritably shoving him and whacking him. "Knucklehead!"

As they reached the end of the alley, Tadashi executed a quick 180, heading in the opposite direction and continuing his scolding lecture. "You graduated high school when you were thirteen, and this is what you're doing?!"

"There they are!" Yama yelled from further down the way.

"Hold on!" Tadashi warned before swerving rightward onto a large wooden plank that functioned as a makeshift ramp, sending them airborne briefly.

"Whoo-hoo-hoo! Yes!" Hiro exclaimed, looking at their suspended figures in the glass's reflection, grinning at their reflections.

"Bot fighting is illegal," Tadashi went on. "You're gonna get yourself arrested!"

 "You're gonna get yourself arrested!"