LuciPOV: Fresh Pair of Eyes

Lucifer couldn't quite believe that the Detective was okay with his Devil-ness. She was clearly seeing him only as an angel, thanks to his wings, but maybe that was okay. Better even. This way he could tell her what was really going on and she'd believe him, but she wouldn't be scared. He would just have to keep her thinking that, and everything would be fine.

He did, however, wish he could talk to Dr. Martin about this. Really talk to her. If she would just give up on the metaphors maybe she would be of more use. At the moment he was quite certain Linda was getting more out of their little arrangement than he was. Still, he didn't mind that.

What he did mind was everyone looking at the Detective like she was the Devil instead of merely walking beside the Devil.

"What's their problem?" Lucifer asked her.

"Not sure," Chloe replied. "Do I have a 'hate me' sign on my face?"

Lucifer checked, looking her up and down. "Nope," he said. "Nothing but your standard level of profession law enforcement face, Detective." She didn't say anything in reply and Lucifer followed her to her desk. She sat down and began working on something that didn't look very interesting.

"You know we don't have any active cases right now," Chloe told him. "I didn't even call you in."

"Ah, yes, but look around," Lucifer said. "How can I leave when I'm the only one in the room not glaring at you?"

"I'm a big girl, Lucifer," Chloe said. "I can take care of myself."

Rather than listen to her, Lucifer decided to investigate on his own and walked away from her desk. He hadn't been completely right about the glaring. There was one other person not looking daggers at the Detective. Dan had just walked in, looking worried rather than mad.

"I take it this means you know why everyone is mad at the Detective?" Lucifer said by way of greeting.

Dan gave him a look of disgust then proceeded to ignore Lucifer and continue walking to Chloe's desk. Lucifer decided to follow suit and soon they were both standing over Chloe.

Slowly Chloe looked up. "And you are both staring at me because?"

"It's about Malcolm," Dan said.

"The guy's been in a coma for months," Chloe reminded Detective Douche.

"His wife decided to pull the plug," Dan explained. "Malcolm is dying today, and you are still investigating him for corruption."

"Oh great, so they hate me even more now," Chloe groaned.

"Maybe stay away from the precinct tonight," Dan suggested. "Cops are staging a living wake here."

"Anything else?" she asked.

Detective Douche looked like he didn't want to say whatever it was in front of Lucifer. Chloe indulged him and the two of them walked out of ear shot. Lucifer could have tried to listen, but he decided to stay and mess around with Chloe's desk instead. He'd had rather a lot of fun last time he'd been left alone at her desk, rearranging the paperclips.

"And what did Detective Douche want?" Lucifer asked when she returned.

"For me to close my case against Malcom," Chloe sighed. "He gave me 24 hours to solve it or drop it." She was holding the file Dan had brought over, which Lucifer assumed was everything the cops had on Malcolm.

"Well well, Detective," Lucifer said, grinning. "Looks like we have a case."

"Yeah, but not here," she said.

"Yes, very good idea," Lucifer said. "Too many judgy eyes. How about Lux?"

"How about my place," Chloe countered.