LuciPOV: Hotheads

The case had hit another slow point, and Lucifer was back in his club waiting to hear if the Detective got a hit on those names. Maze was being her usual annoying self, and giving him heck for spending so much time with a human. He couldn't quite explain it to himself, but there was no doubt in his mind about where he wanted to be.

Maze walked away and Lucifer returned to his piano. There was something so relaxing about pressing on those ivory keys, not that his piano keys were made of actual ivory; that would be cruel even for the Devil. Still he did love to play. Looking up from his piano to reach for his glass, Lucifer saw someone unexpected walk into Lux.

"Pretty sure your name's not on the list," Lucifer said to the newcomer.

"It should be," Dan replied. "Considering I've just spent the last couple of hours convincing Anthony Paolucci not to press charges."

"What if I want to press charges?" Lucifer replied. "A drunk on duty cop, surely that's a no no."

"I don't do favours for guys like you," Dan continued. "I did this for Chloe."

"And I'm sure she didn't ask you to," Lucifer added.

"Do you have any idea how easily a gang vendetta can spiral out of control?" Dan asked.

"You worry too much Daniel," Lucifer smiled back. "Or haven't I told you, I'm immortal."

"Yeah that's exactly why I'm here," Dan said definitely. "You seem to have Chloe convinced that she shot you and you didn't bleed. Now I have nothing against pranks generally, but that one could get her killed."

"It's not a prank Daniel," Lucifer said. "Do you want to shoot me too?"

"Chloe is the mother of my child you imbecile," Dan said firmly. "You want to work this case. Take care of her."

"On that we can agree," Lucifer replied, cheekily. "Consider me her guardian devil."

"No more jokes, Lucifer!" Dan snapped. "I can't change my boss's ruling to let you work with us, but you have to take this seriously."

"The last thing I want is for the Detective to get hurt," Lucifer said in a more serious voice. This seemed to have more of an impact on Dan, and he left with a slight nod of the head.

So Chloe told her ex about their little shooting incident did she? Not that Dan believed it. Still, an interesting development. Lucifer sat back down at his piano. He hadn't been playing long, however, when his phone rang. Picking it up he saw a text from Chloe. Looks like they'd gotten a lead on those names.

She picked him up and was oddly quiet as they drove.

"We should take my car next time," Lucifer said into the silence.

"I'd rather drive," Chloe replied calmly.

"I never said you couldn't drive my car," Lucifer smiled.

"Really? You'd let me drive your car?" Chloe laughed. Lucifer shrugged. "Your Chevrolet Corvette?"

"Why not?" Lucifer replied easily. "I have lots of cars."

"That car is worth more than I make in a year," Chloe scoffed.

"It's a '62 so I suspect that's true, Detective," Lucifer replied.

"Crazy," Chloe sighed. Despite his attempts to make conversation, she didn't talk much more until they reached their destination. Parking the car she turned to talk to him.

"No matter what else is true you decided to work with me, and if that's really what you want I need you to back me up here," the Detective said. "This could turn ugly fast."