09-Remembering

Kill me
I begged and love said no
Leave me
for dead and let me go
Kill me
I cried and love said no
Kill me
I cried and love said no

Draco groaned softly as light hit his eyes. He'd obviously forgot his hangover routine last night. Usually every night he'd make sure the curtains were shut tight then place water, aspirin, and a hangover potion on his night stand before going on a bender. He mentally groaned, it was going to be a long day.

As he went to sit up though, he realized there was something pinning him to the bed. Angrily he forced an eye open to look at the cause. Splayed out across his chest was a mess of brown curls.

Both eyes popped open as he thought back to the night before praying he wasn't stupid enough to take the purity of Hermione Granger. That's when it hit him, the drinking game, Hermione telling him she wasn't a virgin, he groaned quietly. He was sure he'd drank acid the way his insides where currently melting. Draco thought harder, still terrified he'd took advantage of her drunken state. He remembered carrying her to his room after a particularly gross vomiting session.

He paused his thoughts on that moment before a letting out a sigh of relief. He hadn't slept with her. Not in the way he'd thought at least. Actually he'd been a gentleman, worrying about leaving her alone in the guest room. She was a lightweight and she could easily have alcohol poisoning. After giving her his shirt to sleep in, he'd fallen asleep he'd been curled up near the edge of the bed, obviously at some point that'd changed.

She stirred beneath him lifting her head toward him and placing her hand on his chest. He almost wanted to pinch himself, needing to be sure this wasn't a dream. Just as he was about to get a good look at her, a pounding sounded at his front door.

Draco mentally cursed and slowly extracted himself from her, desperately trying not to wake her. It was a slim chance if the pounding kept going. So he made a mad dash for the door.

"I don't care what time it is Zabini, stop knocking on my door like uncivilized trash or I'll ward my door to shock you senseless." Draco growled.

"Wow someone's testy this morning." Blaise said grinning as he pushed past Draco before stopping. He looked at the table holding a bottle of whiskey and 2 cups. Before Draco could stop him, he ran to Draco's bedroom door. He peaked in silently before he was grabbed by the collar and drug from the apartment.

Draco just managed to get the door shut before Blaise went off. "Please, on everything sacred, tell me that is not the Gryffindor Princess in your bed Malfoy!" Blaise said rubbing his neck.

"It’s not what it looks like. She got to drunk and got sick." Draco said.

"Oh my god, you got her drunk too? Seriously Malfoy, that's low. Even for you."

"There was no too Zabini. She was having a bad night and had nowhere else to go, so I offered her my spare room. She wanted to drink, a lot apparently. She got sick and I couldn't leave her alone." Draco said, almost as if justifying it to himself.

Blaise just stood there for a moment staring at Draco like he was doing a complicated spell. Then he realized what was going on. "Dear Merlin, you're in love with her! Of every girl to throw herself at you, you fell in love with Hermione fucking Granger."

"I'm not in love with her."

"Who are you trying to convince Malfoy? Me or yourself? I have never listened when you bitch about me pounding on your door because it only bugs you. You have never once let a woman sleep in your bed in a platonic fashion. If she was one of your late night conquests, you wouldn't care how drunk she was. You'd kick her out before morning. You are in love with Hermione Granger." Blaise said trying to hold in a laugh. He wasn't happy about it per say, but the irony of the situation was slightly amusing.