06-The Truth

And rendered me so isolated and so motivated
I am certain now that I am
Vindicated

Hermione lie asleep in her room. After the emotional argument her and Draco had the night before, they decided to wait to hash out their ground rules. So she'd come back and finally fell into her bed, sleep taking her almost instantly.

As the sun began to creep in through the curtains, Hermione was awoke to the sound of fists against the door. She rose from her bed realizing she was still in the clothes from the previous night. It didn't matter though, she didn't have time to change. She opened the door to a very worried looking Ginny Weasley, followed by Harry Potter.

"Merlin Hermione you look like death warmed over." Ginny said.

"Well good morning to you too Ginny." She said pointedly.

"Sorry Hermione. It's just you do look rough. That's not the point though. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH YOU AND THAT BLOODY MORON I CALL A BROTHER?" Ginny shouted, causing both Harry and Hermione to jump.

"Hello Harry. Nice to see you." Hermione said ignoring Ginny's question.

"Hi Hermione." He said, giving her a hug. "Talk to us please. You left for Malfoy's trial, and didn't show back up. We kept asking Ron but he would just scream about how he didn't care... We've been worried. Then when we got back from playing yesterday, Miss Weasley said you were back. We heard you and Ron's row, then you were gone again... Just explain to us, please." Harry was the perfect opposite to his girlfriend. While Ginny was abrasive and stubborn, Harry would rather approach a situation quietly and with care. In the end though, it's what made them work. Opposites attract.

Hermione took a breath, knowing she needed to end her friends worry and explain. Especially before Ron had the chance and turn her into a vile heartbreaker. "I don't fully know to be honest. I mean I understood his anger about me going to Malfoy's trial, but I never expected he'd start acting the way he has... Something's changed in him lately. I know Ron's always had a temper but never like he has this past month. Even before I decided to speak at Draco's trial, our fights started getting vile. Everything I do lately sets him off, then he wants me to jump and fix it immediately. When I don't he goes off about how I'm never there for him, how I don't care for him." She felt the tears finally win the fight they were having and fall. "I don't know if it's Fred, or the war, or what. All I know is, we're broken up, and I doubt if that'll change. I won't be able to look at him the same anymore." She said as the tears were now freely falling.

Ginny and Harry just stood there in shock at how hurt their friend was. Harry had never seen her like this, she looked slightly defeated. He sat down next to her and pulled her to him, running his hand over her hair to calm her.

"If I'd have known Hermione... Well I don't know what I'd do. Beat some sense into him probably. Why didn't you come to us? Or me at least?" Ginny asked slightly hurt.

"I kept telling myself it would get better. Then the day of the trial, he told me if I went we were through. I didn't mean to worry everyone, but I needed to be away from him. So I came here, after a bit I decided that I needed to try and at least salvage my friendship with him. So I went back, and told him I needed sometime as did he, to heal. He told me to get out, so I did. I'm sorry you guys, I just really didn't want to drag you in the middle." She sobbed into Harry's chest again, leaving a wet spot on his shirt.

"I knew he was a moron, but he's starting to make Goyle look like bloody Merlin." Ginny said causing Hermione to giggle a little. "Alright well what's done is done. You though are not going to sit here and wallow over my idiot of a brother." Ginny said pulling her up. "I may be related to him, but I do not think he's worth your tears Hermione."