Chapter 9

I'm SO sorry about this wait!! This summer has been crazy hectic. Here's another chapter!! I'm falling in love with M and D!!

********

Maksim and Domishev had warmed up to Lilia quickly.

Lev stayed back, clearly anxious to meet Lycans from his old village, but Lilia was practically smothering them.

"You're huge!" Lilia stated and brought Maksim into a tight hug. He blushed and loosely hugged her back.

"This is my mate, Domishev," Maksim finally admitted to everyone. He wasn't just a lover. They were soulmates.

"Hi!" Domishev now seemed almost as excited as Lilia. They hugged each other like long lost friends and talked so fast no one else could understand them. Maksim's eyes found Lev a couple feet away. He stumbled forward, introducing himself with a handshake before practically leaping forward into a hug.

"Is that him?" Domishev gasped. Both Alphas, with Thea in between them, smiled. Domishev didn't hesitate to run into Lev's arms either. He began to gush about his parents and eventually Lilia had to step in before Lev got visibly upset.

"Let's talk inside," she coaxed with a smile. Domishev and Maksim moved themselves behind Arthur and Thea, still nervous of the danger that wasn't ahead of them.

"My name is Alpha Blaton. This is my mate, Alpha Luke," Blaton introduced when the two newcomers were seated on the couch. The two males seemed comforted by another same-sex couple.

"We're just so happy to meet you," Lilia smiled. "You're safe here."

"Lev, we're so happy to see you," Domishev turned his attention to the large man standing near Lilia. He had his arms crossed and was twiddling the fingers on his right hand. Lilia turned and rested her hand on his to calm him down.

"We'll give you guys some time alone," Arthur smiled. Thea and her parents stood up with them and exited the room.

"W-we didn't mean to overstep," Maksim stuttered nervously. Domishev reached for his hand.

"You didn't," Lilia murmured with a soft smile.

"I don't remember anything about the village," Lev spoke up.

"How old are you both?" Lilia asked.

"I'm six-hundred-thirty," Domishev said. "Maksim is just under six-hundred-ten."

"You knew my parents," Lev moved towards the point of the conversation.

"Yes," Domishev smiled. "Your mother, Karine, was someone I knew decently well. Thea's mother was my close friend."

"And my father?"

"Alexei was kind. He was tough with you, but you always ran to him in trouble," Maksim spoke up.

"How did you guys know my parents?"

"They lived just on the other street. It was a small village, too. Only about two-hundred wolves."

"And your mother cooked us dinner some nights. Our village, at that time...didn't really support homosexuality. We were alone," Domishev said with a small, painful smile.

"I'm glad," Lev's voice was scratchy and he was trying to keep tears at bay. Lilia leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Let's show you to your room. I promise you're safe here. You will be looked after," Lilia murmured as she stood. Lev was right behind her. She lead them to a couple of rooms on the first floor, thinking it would make them feel better, and Domishev ran to the bed with a gasp.

"What is that?" Maksim grabbed Domishev's waist and held him protectively.

"It's a bed," Lilia only smiled. "feel free to jump on it."

"Yes!" Domishev ran towards it again and hopped onto it with one big leap. He bounced roughly, only just missing the ceiling.

"Be careful," Maksim warned and climbed onto the bed with him.

"There's clean clothes in the dresser, and Lev will show you how to work the shower."

"Shower?" Maksim wondered aloud.

********

"I don't know what to do now," Thea whispered. Her and Arthur were on the porch swing on the back deck of the pack house. Pups ran past them, chasing after one with a ball and Arthur watched them with a smile.

"We'll figure it out," Arthur murmured in response. He kissed the side of her head before Lev and Lilia stumbled out the back door. "Hey."

"They're going to be so glad to shower," Lilia sighed as she sat down. Lev sat down next to her, both of them on the porch swing across from his son.

"They're going to hate it," Lev scoffed. "Do you remember getting me in that shower? Hell no."

Arthur and Thea smiled as the parents began to argue across from them.

"How was Kat while we were gone?"

"We'll have to go on a trip together sometime. She was really upset she couldn't go," Lilia slumped. They didn't really get to leave the pack, but hopefully Arthur could take her on a trip before he took over the Beta position.

"I'll go talk to her," Arthur stood from the swinging bench. He rested his right hand on top of Thea's head for a moment before heading inside. Kat's room was the first on the left.

"Kat?" He knocked.

"Go away!"

"Don't you want to hear about my trip?" Arthur glanced both ways to make sure no one was around at the moment. "We found more Lycans." A second passed before Kat opened her door and a single eyeball peeked through.

"Really?"

"I'll only tell you about it if I can come in," he bargained. Kat rolled her eyes and left the door open as she walked back into her room and plopped onto her bed.

"I know mom sent you up here," she sighed.

"I volunteered. Trust me. We found two new male Lycans," he slid right past her accusation. "And mom said I can bring you on a trip soon. I want to do it before I take the position. What do you think?"

"Can we go to Scotland?" Kat shot up and scooted towards him.

"We can't go across the world," Arthur smiled.

"Then...Washington?" Kat's eyes were wide and watery.

"I'll talk to mom."

She agreed to come downstairs and they ate at as family. The pack-house dining table was the only place big enough to fit them all. Thea, her parents, Arthur, his parents, and the new couple were greedily pulling food from the table.

"This is delicious," Domishev muttered with his mouth full of food. Maksim was eating quietly next to them, and both of them had given up on silverware for the evening. The others were simply happy that they tried.

"Thank you," Alpha Luke smiled. The food slowly disappeared, and Maksim was rubbing his stomach while Domishev moaned in pain.

"How can something so good hurt me?" He whined. The table laughed, breaking into discussion until tires sounded on the gravel from outside. Lev rolled his eyes shortly before the two Alphas left the room.

"What?" Domishev murmured, clearly confused with a very full stomach.

"The Council is back," Arthur stood with a sigh.

No one was ever excited to see them.

********

Hope you enjoyed!! Now off to write another chapter before heading off to work!!