Chapter 7

EDIT: I accidentally posted one chapter ahead!! So sorry for those who read it and then it got deleted. Here's the correct part!!

I'm back home now, so chapters might be slower. I hope to write more soon!! Glad you guys are enjoying.

********

"Holy..."

Arthur and Thea were speechless as they pulled up to the largest cliff they had ever seen. The Council was a car ahead of them and greeted what must have been the scouts. They both joined them and caught the last of their conversation.

"The scent is most potent here. It's not from a pack, and it doesn't have a decaying rogue smell...we have a feeling this might have been it," one of the men spoke.

"It's a cliff," a Councilwoman stated the obvious. "So did they just stay right here?"

"We can't figure that part out. It doesn't make sense," the other scout spoke up.

"Did you guys look over there?" Arthur pointed to a small slab of stone that stood out a little farther than the rest of the cliff. He walked over, crouched down, and pressed on the slab. It moved like a gate and Arthur had to stay in his human form to get through. There was no way his Lycan could fit.

He could hear the Council, and smell his mate following him. When he reached the inside, he gasped the same he had at the sight of the cliff. The cliffs were roughly in the shape of an extremely large square and had so many trees growing atop of it you couldn't see the sky, nor could you look down from above. It was like its own environment—there were different kinds of trees, plants, and...a garden?

"That garden looks fresh. Keep your eyes open," a Councilwoman said. If they walked a little farther, they could see a small cabin. Someone was living here. After a few minutes of slowly looking around, growling came behind from a bush to their left. As soon as the growling animal moved to jump out, Arthur shifted into his Lycan form to block it from attacking anything behind him. The wolf stuttered in its step before shifting back to a shaking, naked man.

"L-lycan," the man stuttered.

"Identify yourself," the Councilman directly to Arthur's right demanded.

"I—Maksim Volotrov, Yelaysk Village," the man stuttered. "Domishev, you can come out." Another wolf calmly exited the bush behind him.

"Identify yourself," the Councilman demanded of the other wolf. He looked at Maksim before glancing nervously at everyone standing before him.

"Domishev Yahontov, Yelaysk Village," he quietly introduced. Everyone glanced between the two as they moved closer.

"Brothers?" A Councilwoman asked. She glanced between the two to see them holding hands and nodded without any more questions.

"Did you know these people?" Another Councilmen stepped forward with a picture he must have taken while they were in the morgue.

Domishev, the smaller one with darker hair, gasped and reach for the picture as tears filled his eyes.

"Annika," he wailed and dropped the picture. The other wolf, Maksim, picked up the picture and sighed.

"Where did you get this?" He waved it at the Council. When he threw the picture at their feet, Domishev scrambled to pick it up and held it against his chest.

"We've just come from the cemetery where their bodies were exhumed," Arthur answered after he'd shifted back.

"You're a Lycan," Domishev stated the obvious while wiping his eyes.

"We'll need to bring you in for questioning," one of the Councilwomen muttered.

"We won't go. We can't go," Maksim answered. He held Domishev tighter.

"And why is that?"

"Because we, too, are Lycans. The last time someone came for us, it didn't end well," Maksim growled. Arthur looked away and cursed under his breath.

"You were with Roman at one point?" A Councilman raised his eyes. Both of the wolves in front of them stepped back.

"You know Roman?" Maksim asked in disgust.

"He was killed a couple of decades ago," Arthur muttered. "He held my father captive."

"Y-your father? Who is your father?" Domishev spoke up nervously.

"Lev Sidarov," Arthur answered quietly. This time, both Maksim and Domishev gasped and turned to each other. They turned to back to the Council and moved closer again.

"L-Lev was just a child. He's...alive?" Domishev sounded hopeful.

"He's back at home, waiting for us. If you come with us, we could talk, and help you," Arthur assured. Their eyes widened and Domishev stepped forward, only to be pulled back by Maksim. Arthur only sighed and pulled his phone out, pressing the video call button once again. His mother answered immediately.

"Hey, mom. Could I talk to dad?" Lilia pouted, but both Maksim and Domishev perked up.

"Yeah, hold on. Lev? Come here—no, you can watch that show later...fine! Just pause it and come over here, Arthur is calling," Lilia scolded. After hearing that his son was on the phone, Lev was quick to take it from Lilia's hand. Without another word, Arthur turned the phone to face the two wolves in front of them.

"Uh...hi?" Lev said, clearly confused.

"Introduce yourself, dad," Arthur ordered.

"My name is Lev Sidarov, uh, Arthur's my kid—"

"So am I, dad," Kat's attitude came through the phone. Lev only rolled his eyes.

"We knew your mother," Domishev jumped towards the phone. Everyone gasped or opened their mouths in surprise.

"Give me a minute," Lev ordered and stepped away from Lilia and Kat and shut a door behind him. "How the hell do you know that?"

"We are from Yelaysk Village. Your mother's name was Karine, and your father's was Alexei," Domishev said. Arthur turned the phone back to himself and raised his eyebrows at his upset father.

"I'll talk to you later," Lev hung up abruptly and all eyes were turned back to the two Russian wolves.

"Will you come with us now?"

"Yes," Maksim turned to Domishev and nodded. The smaller wolf rushed off to the small cabin to their right.

"This is Thea. She is the daughter of the woman you said was Annika," Arthur introduced. Maksim's eyes widened and he stepped towards her, arms raised. It looked like he was going to touch her face, so she stepped back, unsure.

"Sorry. I just...we never knew what happened to their pup. We just figured she died with them," Maksim murmured quietly. Domishev came dashing from the house with things in their arms.

"What's going on?" he asked.

"She is Annika and Felicks' daughter," Maksim informed him. Domishev gasped, dropped all of the things in his arms, and launched himself into Thea's arms. She caught him and looked at everyone with a strange look in her eyes.

"Where have you been?"

"I was found and taken to an adoption agency where my fathers found me," Thea smiled. Domishev climbed off of her and held her face in his hands.

"You look just like them," he murmured to her. Thea's eyes filled with tears as she said a quiet thank-you and pulled away from him. Maksim had picked up all their belongings and the Council provided them with a bag.

"Let's get going."

********

Hope you enjoyed!!