Chapter 6

Hello all!! Writing has slowed down for this book. I've also been receiving quite a bit of negative feedback and I'm wondering if I should just scrap this book. Are there still people out there reading it?

Don't mean to be a drag!! Thank you for reading :)

********

"This is so not okay!"

Arthur and Thea were reacting completely opposite to what they thought. Arthur had begged for the aisle seat, claiming he couldn't look outside without throwing up. Thea, on the other hand, had her nose pressed up against the glass.

"This is incredible," she breathed, creating a circle of fog on the window where her mouth was.

"This is against every law of physics!"

"Oh, because you know everything about physics," Thea rolled her eyes and looked back to a sweating Arthur.

"We could've driven. Why didn't we drive?" Arthur whispered. Thea took his hand and got comfortable in her seat.

"Because It would have been a nine-hour drive. This flight is only a little under two hours long," Thea responded in the gentlest voice she could.

"This is against the laws of nature," Arthur's voice was shaky as his hands clutched the arms of his chair.

"Is everything alright?" A Councilman walked by and stared at Arthur's shaking form. Thea nodded, resting her hand over her mate's and rubbing her fingers softly.

"We're good, thank you," Thea murmured. The Councilman took one more glance at Arthur before going back on his path to the bathroom.

"How long has it been?" Arthur whispered. His eyes had been clenched shut since the plane started moving.

"Um," Thea bit her lip and checked her watch, "forty minutes."

"Are you serious?" Arthur's eyes snapped open at her, caught a glance of the coulds outside the window, and ducked into a hug. He tucked his face into Thea's neck, taking deep breaths to try and calm himself down. "We still have so long to go!"

"Stop whining," Thea chuckled. She rubbed her hand over his head and, after almost an hour of panicking, he fell asleep practically on her lap. Luckily, no members of the Council bothered them until the plane landed, but Arthur was already awake. He'd jumped in his seat as soon as the plane roughly touched down.

"We have a car waiting for us on the tarmac. It will take you straight to the morgue of the cemetery where your parents were buried," a Councilwoman stared at Thea.

"Biological parents," Thea corrected with a small smile and stood along with her mate.

"Very well. The bodies have already been exhumed. They're waiting on you both to complete the examination," the Councilwoman informed. She soon took her leave and waited for the couple after exiting the plane.

"You ready?" Arthur quietly asked. He'd somehow woken up calm and collected and ready to take on whatever faced them. Now it was Thea's turn to feel extremely nervous.

"Yeah," Thea answered. There wasn't much assurance behind her voice. Arthur guided her off the plane, helping keep her legs steady, and out into the warm southern air. They adjusted into the air-conditioned car and watch the Council attend to their own cars before they all took off in a line. The cemetery wasn't as grim as Thea expected it to be. There were flowers pretty much everywhere, especially by people's graves, and a family in the distance popping champagne by a grave of their loved one. She wasn't ready for the car to come to a stop only a minute later. Both of their doors were opened for them, but Arthur refused to let go of her hand and exited out of her side.