X

There was a harsh half-stifled yell in the room and Korra moved her head away. "Ow, ow, ow."

"Hold still." Asami muttered as she pressed further with a cloth in her hand. It was damp with antiseptic and stained a little red.

Korra moved away before the cloth came in contact with her cheek, gripping harder at the writing desk to her right. "You're pressing too hard, do it gently."

"If you stopped moving then maybe it wouldn't hurt as much. You're lucky I'm able to do this in my room, otherwise you'd be in the infirmary with a doctor." Asami sighed and shuffled her knees into a more comfortable position. She was kneeling in order to tend Korra's wound easier.

"Can't you just be gentle like before?" Korra pouted, dodging everytime Asami tried to dab at her cheek.

"You've survived worse wounds than this Korra, stop struggling."

Korra took a breath and closed her eyes, awaiting for the sharp pain to shoot through her again. She was prepared, hands clenched into fists on her lap. When Asami dabs her cheek again, Korra yelled and scooted back in her chair. So much for being prepared. "It didn't hurt this much the last time you did it."

"Maybe it was because you were trembling non-stop the last time, whatever you were doing before you rolled into my room certainly had you shaken up."

"I was being chased by your guards." Korra chuckled.

Asami begun to dab the wound gently and chuckled along. "I don't know how many times I heard their chatters in the halls. They were furious to have lost you so easily."

Korra laughed and cupped Asami's face and softly brushed her thumb over her cheek. "How funny to think that they were chasing me away from the Manor, but I was already with you before they even realised they lost me."

"I'm glad things have changed now." The Sato said leaning into her touch.

"Me too." The Corporal brought Asami forward and their lips met halfway in a sweet kiss. Their heart rates seemed to have synced as their breaths became one rush against eachothers lips. Korra lost herself quickly in the sweet taste, loving the way their lips connected so perfectly together. She had completely forgotten about the hole in her cheek and Asami seemed to notice her distraction. With an eye partially open, she slowly brought up the cloth and pressed it against Korra's wound. The kiss was broken immediately once Korra recoiled and sprung back in her chair. "Ow!"

"Korra..." Asami mumbled with frustration. "I have to clean it before I can stitch it up."

"You've dabbed it about a hundred times, I'm sure it's clean enough." She replied, a hand shielding her wounded cheek.

"That's it." The Sato got to her feet and begun to make her way over to the door.

Korra watched her hips sway with each step. "Where are you going?"

"I'm getting the doctor-"

"No!" The Corporal quickly leapt from the chair and enveloped the woman into an embrace from behind. Asami squealed once her feet left the floor and she was carried towards the writing desk again. She forgot how strong Korra could be sometimes.

"Alright, alright. Put me down." She pleaded through laughter.

"You won't run for a doctor will you?" She heard her Corporal ask through her dark hair.

"What's so scary about a doctor? They'd do a better job than I would."

"Such false words are coming out of your mouth right now." There was more squeals when the Corporal begun to spin around in circles.