II

His footsteps echoed sharply around the square of the office, sounding overly loud in their ears. They stood up straight, only watching Hiroshi pace back and forth between them. Why were they called up to his office? They didn't know but they were about to find out.

"At ease you three. You're not in trouble." Hiroshi chuckled and witness how all three of them relaxed into a more comfortable state. He took a seat at his desk and eyed them all.

"If you don't mind me asking Sir, but what are we doing here?" Kuvira questioned, looking between Sergeant and Captain Beifong that stood at either side of her.

"I have a few recruits that need training. There's three that I've accepted this morning. They're in the barracks right now, ready to get started." Hiroshi explained as he spread out the files across his desk. The three women didn't hesitate to flick through the pages. "All farmers from all over the place."

"What made them come all the way out here?" Suyin asked, she had picked up the document of a man, no older than her daughter.

"Word spreads fast, the tale of the fall of Zaheer has travelled miles apparently." Hiroshi chuckled. "I guess it's sparked some sort of inspiration to join the guards of town, the Sato guard seems quite popular nowadays."

Lin closed the document in her hand and rolled her eyes, she didn't even bother to read all of it. "Perhaps it's because half of our guard have become celebrities."

Kuvira suppressed a smirk from appearing. No need to be crotchety because we've stolen your limelight Captain. The Corporal gently folded her document up and placed it gently back onto the desk. "Sir, what importance do these files have with us?"

"I would like each of you to train one." Hiroshi answered almost immediately.

Lin wanted nothing more but to throw the documents out of the window to her left. "My apologies sir but I think I'd rather do something more relevent regarding my abilities."

Hiroshi raised a brow. "So you think training new recruits isn't relevant Captain?"

"No, not exactly. I'm just not exactly the right fit for this job." Lin replied.

Sergeant Beifong rolled her eyes and rubbed her forehead. She knew Lin would act like this when it came to rookies. "What my sister is trying to say is that she's some what terrified of the younger generation."

Kuvira quickly covered up her laugh with a cough and moved out of the way so Lin's glare could meet her sister. "You're speaking out of term Sergeant, I suggest you close your mouth."

A chuckle escaped from Suyin's lips as she held her hands up in surrender. "I'm just stating the truth." She said slowly.

"That's enough you two." Hiroshi said and the two sisters stop their quarrel immediately. Perhaps this wasn't a good idea after all.

Lin sighed and cleared her throat before stepping forward. "Sir, if anyone could be more useful in this situation it would be Lady Smith."

Kuvira's brows furrowed. She wanted to protest with disagreement, Korra hasn't had the proper break she deserved yet, it would be unfair to throw her back into work now. Before the words exited her mouth, Lin spoke again. "Korra is a very skilled fighter, she'd be more help that I would."

Hiroshi hummed in thought. He caught the gaze of Kuvira and realised that they were on the same page. They must at least give Korra a few more days to relax. She wasn't like Kuvira, Korra had her own ways with dealing with the past.

Kuvira had insisted to be put to work, it took her mind off things and she liked it that way. "I'll see to it." Hiroshi said, not breaking the eye contact he held with Kuvira. "Corporal, could you please notify Korra that I would like to speak to her."