Spellbound

"Man, the rest of this summer's gonna eat farts"

Steve Palchuk groaned out as he dragged himself around the streets of Arcadia Oaks which were covered in construction wrecks as it was already starting to get built back up from General Morando and his attack. The moon shun brightly over them as Toby Domzalski and AAARRRGH followed him.

General Morando has nearly destroyed the whole city, killing hundreds of others including the Colonel of Area 49B who sacrificed herself while Morando got infused with Gaylen's Core, a powerful artefact that was hidden away in Heartstone Trollmarket underground. Not only that but there was supposedly another being who got infused by another goddess Star but she was never heard of since then. General Morando destroyed everything in his path as he got infused into a Akiridion god until he finally came to a stop when the royals of Akiridion and the royals of Kaliac finally took him out using the life cores of the king and queen of Akiridion....after that, both of the royals went back to their home planet except for the king-in-waiting of Akiridion who decided to stay on Earth. The royals of Kaliac have actually freed their home planet after it was taken over by Morando years ago, whilst they were still unsure about themselves and had a hard time finding out everything but it was all worth it in the end....

So, now, was the aftermath of Morando's attack as Steve, Toby and AAARRRGH walked down the empty streets of Arcadia with parts of the ground missing showing dirt and pipes with construction around them, stop signs everywhere and danger signs as cars were still parked in the middle of the street with a few broken lampposts around them.
"Yeah, it is kind of hard to top destroying an alien god" Toby commented, placing his phone into his back pocket as Steve grabbed a piece of wood that was on the ground. AAARRRGH patted Toby's back, "Wingman did good. Proud" he said as Steve started to play around and swing the wood like it was a sword.

"But I lost my butt-stomping, ninja-space-angel girlfriend, my creepslaying partner and my favourite scary girl in the same afternoon" Steve complained loudly, slouching now.
"Yeah, I felt like that after Jim and Claire and everybody left on their quest and now, Kate's left Earth so now it's just me—" Toby spoke before getting cut off my Steve who placed the piece of wood in front of him, stopping him.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, we're talking about my problems here, buttsnack" He told Toby, waving it around as they came to a halt.

That's when a sudden meow was heard as something suddenly jumped up onto a table, scaring Steve as he screams out and jumps back.
"Cat! Yum" AAARRRGH spoke with a smile as the thing was a small black cat who has just jumped up and started licking its own butt. Toby saw the cat, "ooh, hey, little guy!" Toby waved at it as the cat turned around, "You lost?"

But the cat obviously wasn't lost as it turned around to reveal that it was actually wearing round lilac-coloured glasses but it's gotten worse when it suddenly started to talk in a deep voice, "Beware. You, you are in grave danger" it spoke as it pointed at Steve and Toby with it's paw. How is this cat talking?

Steve stumbled back as he pointed at it in fear, "whoa! A cat with glasses!" He exclaimed
"The cat just talked and you're focused on its eyewear?" Toby questioned Steve in a deadpanned manner.
"I've seen aliens, creeps and trolls, Domzalski. So yeah, I'd like to know why the talking cat's wearing glasses" Steve protested as he pointed at his eyes.

"Bad eyesight" the cat simply said.
"Not cat. Familiar" AAARRRGH spoke, staring at the cat.
"'Familiar'?" Steve questioned then chuckled loudly, "no way. I'd remember if I met a cat with glasses" Steve gestured at the cat.
"If Kate was still here, she'd slap you for being stupid" Toby said.
"No. Wizard assistant" AAARRRGH corrected Steve.

"Assistant? That's very offensive. I am a wizard associate, thank you very much" The cat said as he then jumped down from the table and suddenly started to walk on it's two legs past them, "Now, come with me or the worst will come to pass" He said, walking by casually.