Chapter Thirty-Three

"It's disgusting," Albus hissed to Lily, the two watching Maddie and James asleep on the couch, arms wrapped around each other. 

    "I think it's adorable," Lily whispered back, "plus I've seen you and Scorpious snogging in the Quidditich shed more than once." 

    Albus opened his mouth to argue back but his cheeks grew flushed and Lily giggled. 

   "Shut up Lily, I just think Maddie could do better," Albus argued, and Lily nodded in agreement. 

   "We are home!" Ginny shouted from across the house, her voice ringing from the back door in the kitchen. Maddie's eyes flashed open and she looked at Lily before flinging herself away from James, who groaned, having no idea what was happening. 

    "Maddie, come back I'm cold," James half-moaned, drifting back into sleep. 

    "Aw, look at my little angels! And our sleeping beauty," Ginny said, coming into the room and hugging her children. 

    "You guys been good?" Harry came in, asking the group, and all three nodded.

    "Nothing less than perfect," Maddie grinned. 

    "Just what I like to hear, I'll go start on dinner," Harry said. 

    "Mrs. Potter, would you like me to help grab yalls stuff or unpack?" Maddie asked. 

    "Please dear, how many times do I have to say, call me Ginny or mom, or whatever you'd like, just not Mrs. Potter," Ginny laughed. "And it's quite alright, wake up James for me."

     Maddie smiled, knowing she would never be able to let the Potters know how much they have done for her, nor how much she appreciates it. 

    "James, get up," Maddie whispered. 

    "Shhh, come here," James whispered back, grabbing Maddie by the waist and pulling her into the couch. 

    "James stop, your parents are here," Maddie whispered trying to pull herself away from him.

    "Shh, Mads just let me love you," he groaned before letting her go and sitting up, rubbing his eyes. 

——————

    As Christmas approached, the Potter house grew rowdy. On Christmas Eve, the whole family met together at Molly's burrow.

    "Do you think I'm invited?" Maddie asked James. 

     "Maddie, you're always invited, you went last year. You're family, don't stress it," James rolled his eyes. 

    "Well-," Maddie started anxiously, but James took her shoulders and turned him towards her. 

     "Maddie, this is your family. We all love you," James smiled, pressing his lips to her forehead then hugging her tightly. 

    "Thank you," Maddie nodded. 

    "Kids! We are leaving for Grandmas now!" Ginny shouted from downstairs, followed by the Potter household marching down the stairs and into their car.