24 Too Many Cooks in the Kitchen

"Oh good, she's here," Rebecca says, crossing her arms over her chest and locking her hungry green eyes on mine.

Her very voice makes me grit my teeth to keep my temper in check.

Well, fuck...

"Let's all just take a step back, calm down and -" I say, throwing up my hands.

"I am calm!" Rebecca clips, cutting me off.

'Clearly,' Ember snorts.

"You're right, let Jess decide," Mira says, crossing her arms over her chest, but her blue flame eyes warn that she is anything but calm.

"Do I get to know what I'm deciding on?" I tease, trying to lighten the mood but only earning glares from both sides.

"This is a serious matter, Your Highness," the mystery woman pipes up in a disapproving tone. Her strawberry blonde bob swishes around as she animatedly tries to stress her case. "As such, it is not to be taken lightly, as it will have long lasting repercussions."

My brows arch at her dire tone and warning.

Chris should have linked to prepare me for such important conversations, and at the very least, let me know who the newcomer is.

"Repercussions?!" Sara scoffs. "Lady, you're barking up the wrong tree. I'm the one that cares about fashion, Jess would show up in sweatpants and running shoes if she could."

Stifled laughs sound out from around our side, including Chris, but Rebecca and the newcomer are not impressed one bit. I struggle to suppress my own smile despite their narrow-eye glares at me, noticing Jenna cover her mouth to not give away her amusement.

"What am I wearing sweatpants to?" I ask, raising a brow at Sara.

"You are NOT wearing sweatpants!" The woman squawks, balling her fists. "You will be representing the throne! You can't be dressed like a... like a..."

"Omega?" I guess, trying to pause her meltdown.

"An Omega," she groans, palming her face and sinking down into the nearest seat.

'Holy fuck, drama llama,' Ember pipes up, her shock clear.

"Can I have a from the top version of whatever I'm apparently not wearing sweatpants to that the entire fate of the throne rests on?" I ask, tossing my hands up. Jace and Chris both laugh but quickly hide it when the woman turns her attention to them.

"Anna here has come to take care of all the details for your coronation," Rebecca states with an air of assumption, like that will clear up everything. "You know, the ceremony, attire, ball... Surely you know what I'm talking about?"

"This has been a steep learning curve," I reply without thought.

"Rest assured Highness, I will take care of all the details!" Anna chimes in, having recovered by how she practically jumps from her seat and brings her attention back to me, locking her gaze on mine.

"With Jess running final approval, right?" Sara stresses.

"Surely Her HIGHNESS has more important things to spend her time on then table place settings?" Anna tutts.

"Just Jess is fine," I say, forcing a smile. "And I don't mind, there's not really much on my plate right now."

"Well, Rebecca and Leah have already been such a big help, it's nearly done," Anna replies weakly, looking between Rebecca and Sara.

"But it is Jess' day, she should have the final say, not someone else. Unless you don't want her input?" Sara presses on, giving them a pointed look.