Chapter 2: seeing things

My dead best friend stood in front of me with a sinister smile on her face, I moved my hand to touch the mirror but her arm didn't move to mirror it.

"What's going on? Are you real?" I question softly.

The figure shakes her head no, and her smile disappears and her hand moves to touch mine and then slowly she disappears and my reflection returns. I took a step back to think about what just happened, not only did I witness my families murder but now I'm seeing my dead best friend.

"I'm not crazy," I whisper to myself crawling into my bed. "Just forever damaged."

I wake up and it's still dark outside, but I hear Deaton moving about down stairs. It must be around six and he's probably getting ready for work. I get up and walk silently to the mirror. I don't have any visitors so I push the memory away and blame it on stress, and go down stairs to hear Morell and Deaton arguing over wither or not I should be attending school today or not.

"It's part of who we are, we don't get a day to reset, it would be best for her to continue going to school and adapting into her new life." she says, and deep down I know she's right.

"She's my apprentice and if she needs a day to mourn she can have it," he says.

"I think I actually want to go to school," I say taking them both by surprise. "I'd rather go to school then stay here and wallow in self pity." Morell smiles feeling victories. "but if I need to I'll come home or go to the vet." Her smile fades.

"Fair enough," he says.

"It's bad enough I'm seeing my dead friend in my mirror last night," I say.

"What?" Morell asks.

"Last night, after I changed I thought I saw my friend Alex who happens to be dead," I reply.

They didn't say anything but just looked at each other briefly.

"Is that not normal?" I asked.

"No, but might be part of why your family is dead." Deaton says, "It's a theory, but we will look into it. you just get ready for school I'll make you breakfast."

I nods and go back up stairs and get dressed. I go threw the cloths once again to find something decent. I find a pair of jeans, black v neck, and a flannel. I decide on a pair of black boots and grab my books and backpack and some other things like a binder with paper and pencils. I drop the bag when I make my way down stairs and take a seat at the table. Deaton puts a plate with toast eggs and beacon on it in front of me, and takes a seat across from me.

"So yesterday I got a new car for you it's in the drive way, and I also picked this up for you," he slides a cell phone and set of keys over to me. "Don't call anyone from back home yet, Morell is having a contact of her's check up on things back home before you try to make any kind of contact."

"Fair enough," I say taking a bite, "is it ok if I go to the mall after school; the clothes Lydia picked out are a little more girly then my usual taste. I was luck to find this," I ask.

"As long as you go with Alyson," he says, "She'll be able to protect you."

"Ok," I say finishing off my food.

"All their numbers should be in the phone already I only put the one I had like Scott, Styles, Lydia, and Derek. I do t know who Morell put in."

"Ok, thank you for everything," I say standing up and carrying my plate to the sink rinsing it before putting it in the dish washer.

"One more thing, I'll be taking care of it today, but by the end of the day you'll have your own money, your dad had strict instructions on those affairs." he say, "But until use this only in emergency."