Chapter 2

You got to the party and stood in a group with Dani, Chris, Mark, Josh and Pelle. They were all talking about visiting Pelle's hometown in Hälsingland and it turned out that Dani had no idea that her boyfriend was also going by the shocked look on her face and the question toward Chris.

"For when?" Dani asked, looking at you and then everyone else.

"Uh, mid June-July?" Chis murmured.

"Two weeks from now," Josh said.

"I mean if we even go," Chris said. "I am probably not even going. But yeah, we were talking about it.

Dani looked shocked at Chris and sighed, "I need another drink" she murmured.

"I'll come with you if you wish," you said.

"No, it is fine" Dani muttered, going off. You glared at Chris, annoyed that he dared have the audacity.

When Dani came back she said she wanted to go so Chris you and Dani departed. The journey back to Dani's apartment was silent and when you finally returned you held Dani back.

"Do you want me to stay?" you asked.

"Oh, no" Dani said. "I need to have a talk with Chris anyway" she said.

"Oh, okay" you said. "Call me when you feel like you want to, okay?"

"Of course" Dani said, smiling.

You grinned at Dani and walked toward your car. "I will see you Dani darling"

Dani smiled. "Bye (y/n)" she said and waved slightly before walking into her apartment block.

You drove back worried for your friend, she didn't seem to be taking her pills and is completely heartbroken, she needed time to rest and grieve but her stupid boyfriend was being idiotic. You sighed, turning a corner and parked your car, placing your head down on the steering wheel in frustration.

You entered your apartment and did some random jobs to keep your mind off Dani and wait for her call and finally after two hours she did so.

"Dani" you said, trying to hide the relief. "How are things?"

"I have been invited to Sweden by Chris" she said.

"Oh" you said.

"I wondered if you could come with me as my plus one" Dani said quietly.

"I would love to" you said.

"Thanks so much (y/n)" she said, "You are my rock"

"Don't mention it" you said.

You carried on talking for a little while and said goodnight. You smiled as you put down the phone. Going to Sweden would help your photography skills but would also make sure that Dani wouldn't break down and Chris wouldn't be a total a-hole. You would need to pack lots of camera batteries if it was a week long. As an aspiring photographer, you loved taking images and wanted to make sure you would remember this trip, even with the bad things.