Visits & Bad Words

This chapter is dedicated to SweetThang500 for her amazayn comment. I absolutely loved that. Anyways back to the story.

________________________________________________________

*Bethany*

I woke up in my room surrounded by my family and friends. I blinked a couple of times to adjust to the light. When I looked at my arm I noticed it didn't have a bandage on my arm. Instead my stitches were covered in, what looked like, tape. I hate this. Just sitting in a hospital room, waiting and watching. Of course from my room in the hospital I can see the ocean. I had this weird tingling in my body. I'm used to this tingly feeling, I feel it every time I am waiting to start the heat or I'm waiting for my brother to come home. Its nerves getting to me right now. There was a light snoring coming from beside me. I could already tell my the way he was holding my hand who it was. The snoring kept going for another 20 minutes until it stopped. In that 20 minutes I learned that it was already 11:30. "Good morning beautiful." His eyes finally meeting mine."Good morning Niall." I said back starring into his electrifying blue eyes."How long have you been awake?" I slight blush came across my face as I thought about what I had been doing."N-not long a-about 30 minutes." He chuckled a little bit. We continued talking regularly for about 10-15 minutes until everyone else decided to wake up. "Hey Beth. Do you wanna talk about what happened yesterday?" Liam asked me. Come to think of it I really don't know what happened yesterday."What happened yesterday?" I asked my brother. Everyone had a collective gasp. I hope they don't think that I have lo..I was cut of by my mom."You don't remember anything from yesterday?" I remember waking up going to therapy and coming back to the room, but after that no."I remember waking up, going to therapy, and coming back in here to go to sleep. After that I don't remember anything.Why do you ask?" I repeated exactly what I was thinking back to my mother. Everyone let out a sigh of relief. I mentally laughed at everyone thinking that I had lost my memory. Hehe. At that exact moment my stomach decided to make the mating call of a whale."Well I think we need to get Miss.Whale here some food before she eats us" Niall said causing us all to laugh."Hey!" I said playfully slapping him in the arm."Ooh look now she is getting violent. Lets go quick." Niall laughed out while everyone left the room. He stopped outside the door for a minute as if checking to make sure I was okay before walking with, I guess, the rest of the group. I, however, took this time to turn on the TV. "17 year old Bethany Hamilton is in the hospital recov-." I switched the channel because I didn't want to hear any more."So how about this. You are sitting in the ocean, surfing and all of a sudden an 18 foot Tiger Shark comes up and bites your arm off. That's what happened to 17 year old Bethany H-.." I switched the channel again. I did this about 2 more times when I finally decided to turn off the TV."Your pretty much on every channel." A voice said from my door way. I looked over at the door and saw my best friend Alana."Hey! Where have you been?" I asked her finally truly smiling for the first time in days. She came over to the bed and sat down. "Oh you know at home,living it up" Alana answered back. I pondered the idea for a minute but finally gave in and sat up next to her. I could see her staring at my left 'arm' as I sat up. "So, how have you been?" I asked knowing this was a hard question for her. She avoided my eyes for 8 seconds, (yeah I know, I counted how long it would take her to answer me), before finally looking at me. I could see the tears that were at the rims of her eyes. She took a shaky breathe before saying, "I thought you were going to die out there." The last part of her sentence was quieter than before. I looked at her for a second before she finally started crying. I wrapped my arm around her as she cryed into my shoulder. I knew this was hard for everyone. But I knew it was harder for Alana because she was the one right beside me when I got attacked.

*Niall*

We all sat in the cafeteria just moving are food around the tray. Everyone was tense. Well this puts a damper on your whole "ask her out" plan don't you think? Yes it does. I know what you are thinking 'you are being so selfish' and yes I know that I am. But seriously how can you not love this girl? I mean look at all she has been through lately. Her brother comes back,for one week,she gets..lets skip that part, and she had to have surgery yesterday because of a rare infection that no one saw coming. She is so strong that it is unbelievable. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Liam finally snapped."This is disgusting." He said pushing his food forward."Then why did you let me pay for it!" Tom snapped back at Liam. "We aren't going to do this." Tom breathed out to Liam."Do what?" Liam said."This!!" Tom snapped at Liam again. Liam angrily jolted it out of his chair and left the cafeteria."I'll go check on Bethany." I said awkwardly to everyone before leaving. Liam does the same thing as Bethany, he needs to surf to let off steam. Even if he is adopted, he has the same traits as Bethany. Bethany's door was still opened and I could hear her infectious laughter along with two other voices. One voice I could pick out was Alana's. The other one. No idea who's that was. It sounded like a male voice. At first I thought it was Liam's voice but then I remember he left to go surf so it's not his. I stayed outside the room  long enough to see Bethany hugging a teenage boy around my age. I can't see his face so I don't know what he looks like."I love you Keioki!" Those 4 words broke my heart. It felt like someone went into my chest and ripped up my heart. I don't know what I was doing but before I could stop I was right in front of Bethany. "I thought I had a chance." I whispered to her tears threatening to spill from my eyes. I walked out of the room with my head hanging low. I walked out of the hospital heading down to the beach to walk for a while. When I got to the beach I found a free bench and sat down. I pulled out my phone and opened twitter. "Don't take your time with love. Always go for it. </3" My thumbs were trying to type and wipe away tears at the the same time. I lay down on the bench finding it somehow comfortable and fell asleep.