tommy-knuckle

POV: Y/N goes out with Tommy and cracks her knuckles until they are swollen, and Tommy tries to help her stop.

It was exciting, getting to go out with Tommy.

We almost never got the chance to go on a date, so this was an exciting but rare experience.

I slipped on my shoes, and brushed my hair as Tommy sat on my bed.

He was there when you woke up, because your mom had let him into your house.

It was a bit embarrassing to say the least, your significant other seeing you with your bed head and morning voice.

Although, Tommy was the last person to care about something like that.

He helped you get ready, by picking out your clothes and tying your shoes.

Once you were done getting all of the tangles out of your hair, Tommy tugged your arm.

"Stop that." He said, rubbing his fingers over your knuckles.

"Stop what?" I asked, not knowing what he was talking about.

"You keep cracking your knuckles and now they are bruising and swelling." He says, looking slightly worried.

"It's not that big of a deal, is it? It's just a bruise." I say.

"Well I just don't want it to turn into a bigger problem." He confessed.

"Tommy, I'll be fine. I promise!" I say, hugging his arm.

"Okay, fine." He finally gives in.

We walk to a children's park together, him hiding my hand.

Little did I know that this was mostly because of the fact that he was trying to get me to stop cracking my knuckles.

Tommy is a sweet boy for caring, I always knew that.

But I feel like he's going a bit overboard, don't you think?

I look down at my other hand and my smile turns into a frown.

My knuckles were bruised badly, and swelling up.

From the peachy, (alternative if you are a person of color: dark, beautiful) shiny skin you had yesterday slowly turned into swelling purpled and green.

There was even a small amount of dried blood to be seen.

"What's wrong?" He asked, picking up on my distraught expression.

"It's just my knuckles." I say, fiddling with the one hand I had to myself as he squeezed the one in his hand.

"I can help you." He says, smiling.

"Promise?" I ask.

"Why the f*ck would I lie?" He giggles.

I hug him tight, and he made me feel safe and special.

Oh, I really did have the best boyfriend in the world, didn't I?

423 words