Today

Tomorrow. No, not tomorrow. Today. It was today. Today was the day. The day I dreaded. The day I had convinced myself would never come. Today I may die, I may be tortured, or I may walk away finally free. No matter the result, the fight to get there is sure to brutal.

When I looked over at the clock it read 5:53. I had two hours before I supposed to be awake, fuck. With his arm around me keeping me close to his body Bakugo still rested peacefully at my side. He was just as terrified as me but he didn't want to show it. He wanted me to think he was perfectly fine, they all did. My mother, Eraser, my brother, Keigo and Touya, Shoto and Momo, they all wanted me to think there was nothing to worry about. Wish I could believe them.

I take my free hand laying on Bakugos chest moving to his face pushing away his hair which has fallen over his eyes. I'm pretty sure I had a slight obsession with touching his hair but it was just so soft, and from how he react I'm pretty sure he likes me playing with his hair.

"Pink eyes?" He mumbles making throw my hand down worried I woke him up.

"Bakugo?" I whisper hoping he's just saying my name in his sleep again.

"Hi baby." He smiles peering down at me just barely lifting his head.

"The fuck?" I ask at his use of the nickname.

"Huh? Oh uh, sorry, I'm fucking tired." He yawns looking at the clock, "5:55 what the fuck pink eyes? Go to bed."

"I will sorry." I lie looking away so he can't tell I'm lying to his face.

Bakugo takes his hand pulling my head back to face me, "I'm serious y/n. I won't go to sleep until you do."

"Go to sleep." I command taking the chance that my quirk had activated. Luckily Bakugos head falls back giving me a sense of relief.

"I'm awake you asshole. Your quirk isn't on." I hear Bakugo say terrifying me. Fuck.

Before he picks his head back up I activate my quirk this time sure it will work, "Oh uh haha, I knew that."

"Your eyes are pink. I can tell. I'm not going to look up, I'll just wait." He says, me knowing he means it.

"Katsuki, please just sleep. I won't be sleeping at all tonight." I tell him laying my head back down his chest.

"Then I'm staying awake with you." He states holding back another yawn.

"Fucking dammit Katsuki." I say agitated. I pick my head up again looking him dead in the eye, "Either go to sleep on your own, or I'll make you."

Bakugo shocked at my outburst looks at me matching my anger, "Y/n I am staying awake until you go to sleep, and I swear to god if you-"

"Go to sleep Katsuki." I command watching his eyes fall closed and his whole face relax.

Knowing for sure I've done it this time I lay back down letting out a sigh of relief. I felt bad sure, but I couldn't let myself drag him down with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/n get up." I hear a voice call me, fear setting in as I realize who the voice belongs to.

"Bakugo?" I ask hoping I'm just dreaming.

"Yes, now get up." He instructs making it obvious he's upset probably remembering earlier this morning. I can't remember exactly but around 6:30 I was able to fall asleep again, thankfully.

"I'm sorry." I apologize thinking back on me using my quirk knowing full well he hates it.

"I'm not mad, just get up." He says again even though it's clear he is.