Last Day

It didn't seem fair to Amity having to wake up and realize this was it. The last time she'll spend a night over at the Owl House. Such a shame too, she had just gotten used to the weird scratching and whispering sounds within the walls.

There wasn't any time to do anything since she's expected to return home soon. Eda and King excused themselves to let Amity and Luz have time to themselves during breakfast. The feeling of the inevitable hangs in the air, but Luz kept an optimistic attitude so Amity wouldn't feel down.

"Come on, let me teach you!" Luz begs.

"No!"

"Why not?" Luz leans in close across the table, making Amity sway her head away. "I'm way better at Spanish than a book! You wanted to learn for me, didn't you?"

Amity blushes but goes in full denial. "I-I only did it so I'd know you weren't making fun of me! I wasn't doing it so I would impress you or anything!"

Luz leans back in her chair with a pout, "You're being such a tsundere."

Amity slams her hand on the table and points accusingly at her, "See! That's exactly what I'm talking about! What is that spanish for?"

Luz tries to hold her laughter in with her hands but this only enrages Amity even further. "You are making fun of me, aren't you?" Amity shouts at her while grabbing Luz by the collar.

Eda raps her knuckles at the doorway for the girls' attention, probably saving Luz's life once again. "Hate to interrupt your little lovers' quarrel, girls. But it's about to be noon..." Eda says with a sigh.

"Oh..." Amity lets go of Luz and slinks back into her chair. The mood dramatically shifted back to the dreariness of this morning. "It's that time already, huh?"

Luz's emotions spike as she desperately looks to Eda, "No! Come on, this isn't fair! Eda can't you, I don't know, use some sort of time magic and rewind this week back?"

Eda firmly shoots down her plea. "Kid, I'm not going to break the laws of physics for you two to get chummy again. Besides, even if I was capable of that, I rather use it to tell young me the winning lottery numbers. Oh, I would abuse that spell real good."

"What about finding out who cursed you?" Amity asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Eh, priorities," Eda shrugs it off before heading back to the living room.

"Guess I better start packing then," said Amity as she stands up to put away the dishes.

Luz's spirit took a massive hit but still managed a smile. "Can I help?"

Amity was hoping she'd ask and says, "Of course." After they clean up, the two retreat upstairs to the bedroom. Even though it has only been a few days, Luz could hardly recognize the room anymore. It's going to feel a little lonely to move back in.

Luz had also hoped that packing would take a while, but unfortunately she's dating probably the most organized and tidy witch in the Boiling Isles. They ended up finishing rather quickly only to find the only mess left belonged to Luz.

"Honestly, you need to take better care of your stuff!" Amity chastises her while picking up the scattered pile of papers. "This better not be your schoolwork!"

"It's not! It's not!" Luz swears. "Just a bunch of drawings and little writings of mine."

"Oh, you like to write?" Amity checks one of the papers she recalls having scripts on them. She clears her throat before reading, "'You claim that only the darkness is your ally but you're just pushing away the light that exists in your heart. Why not give it another chance by being my friend-'"