Chapter 12

Okay, it's been a while but it's here! Things are still really hard, but I've done my best. Forgive me if my writing seems a bit off in places, I'm dealing with delayed affects.

Also, I got a review stating how it's impossible for Korra to imprint on Asami because they're both girls and blah, blah, blah. I'm not trying to sound mean, but I'm not making this like Twilight! Yes, there are parts here and there inspired by it but it's still my story and I can do what I want with it. So if I say a girl can imprint on another girl because they're in love then they can!

...

~Korra~

I'd seen Asami worried before. Plenty of times before. But this time, I couldn't just see it. I could feel it. It was a cold, haunting feeling. Heavy and overwhelming. It didn't sit well in my chest. My teeth grinded against each other as I looked around the yard. Naga sniffed the bushes and pawed through the leaves. My ears twitched in every direction, picking up nothing but sounds of the night creatures that roamed around. Chirps of the crickets, hisses of the weasel-snakes, rustling of...clothing? I jerked Naga's reins back, but she was already ahead of me. She turned completely around and growled loudly. I saw the bushes move.

"Come out!" I demanded.

The rustling stopped the second I spoke. I heard movement behind me and wheeled Naga around. Someone crashed into me and I fell off of her, grunting at the impact and my back slammed into the ground. The person that rammed into me rolled on the ground and jumped to his feet. Groaning, I forced myself to my own feet to meet the attacker face to face. Surely enough, it was an Equalist.

"So, you're the one creeping around my girlfriend's house." I said. He didn't say anything.

Instead, he crouched down and sprung himself towards me at surprising speed. I ducked under him, grabbing him by his ankle and flinging him against the wall. At that moment, I heard Naga bark and yelp. I turned around in time to see her collapse to the ground. "Naga!" I ran to her, only to be jabbed in the side by another Equalist. His fists traveled up my side without missing a beat and my whole upper left side went numb. In a vain attempt to stop him I swung my right fist around at him, a rock in its wake. He dodged it and came at me again. I created a ball of fire in the palm of my hand, but he worked around me and struck my forearm. The fire died out immediately.

"What the-?!" I said, trying to relight it.

He aimed for my legs and got me in my knee, forcing me to fall to the ground. A second Equalist came out of nowhere and towered over me, raising his hand up to strike me. I wasn't going down like this. I opened my mouth and felt the fire grow within me. It came out with a rush of endorphins cascading through my system. The fire sent him flying backwards and he hit a tree. Two arms grabbed me by mine and pinned them behind me. I cried out when I felt another blow to my spine. Not strong enough to break it or cause any damage, but I felt something disconnect me spiritually. I realized what he had done.

He disconnected me from my wolf.

I gritted my teeth and tried to yank myself free, but two more blows made my arms fall limp. Another Equalist came forward and laughed, picking me up by my chin and forcing me to look at him.

"You just don't know when to quit, do you, Avatar?" he said.

Why was this guy everywhere? The first fight, the second fight, now here. He had to be the one running these ambushes. I growled at him, trying to call more fire to my throat, but I had no luck. He laughed again. "Don't fret." he said, standing up. "We have a nice place for you. How does a kennel sound?"