Chapter 6

This is sort of a filler chapter, but not really. I saw this picture on Facebook that said "I'm not jealous, I'm territorial. Jealous is when you want something that's not yours. Territorial is protecting what's already yours." That's just a little hint for what's gonna go down these next two chapters. I mean, it's not like Korra has already claimed Asami as hers, haha *cough* insert Twilight reference here *cough*.

Anyway!

...

~Asami~

Korra had been acting really strange since lunch. She was always on edge and her eyes wouldn't stop darting back and forth, like she was watching every guy who came in the general vicinity of me. She stood a little too close to me, holding onto her hood tightly. Her breathing was labored, but I would catch a growl coming from her every now and then. When she was walking me to my next class, I stopped her.

"Korra, are you alright?" I asked, not bothering to mask the overwhelming concern I had for her.

"I'm fine." Her voice was lower than I'd heard before.

Something told me she wasn't quite sure what was going on with her either. I placed a hand to her forehead and she flinched away. "You're not hot." I said.

"I said I'm fine." She repeated.

"Korra, no you're not." I said. "I think you need to go home."

"No!" Korra said. The determination in her voice was obvious.

"Korra, please, for me. Go home." Asami said.

She stared at me, contemplating on what to do. She sighed after a minute. "Okay." she said. "I'll call Tenzin."

"Feel better." I said, watching her retreat to the nurse's office.

Little did I know just how long it would take her.

...

~Korra~

I didn't know what was wrong with me. It was like I suddenly hated every guy who dared to come close to Asami. I couldn't stand still, my ears were trembling. I felt like I was going insane. And it was only after my encounter with Jet that I felt that way. Every time a guy would pass I forced myself to hold back a growl. My breathing was too deep and my eyes never stayed in one place. It was only when Asami spoke that I came back to earth.

"Korra, are you okay?" she asked. The concern in her voice stabbed me in the heart.

"I'm fine." I couldn't even recognize my own voice.

Asami stepped forward, placing her hand on my forehead. The sudden contact surprised me and I flinched away from her. "You're not hot." she said.

"I said I'm fine." I replied, trying to return my voice to normal.

"Korra, no you're not." Asami said. "I think you need to go home."

"No!" I said before I could stop myself. There was no way I was going to leave her alone with all these...guys.

"Korra, please, for me. Go home." she said.